All-Star "cheer" On Cmt Offical Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Recorded it last night and I'm just watching, but I love it! They aren't dumbing things down (obv some things don't match up like some random team being Panthers while they win worlds) but overall it's amazing. I wish people would watch this instead of Cheer Perfection, but I'm scared that being on CMT and being on Friday nights is just going to be two hits against them.
I love that they are wearing soffees and t-shirts in practice. I love cute practice clothes, but in terms of outsiders watching, I think it was a GREAT move.
Also, love that they showed moms in the room getting along. Yes, cheer is drama, but not all. They showed moms having fun and being silly, not drinking and tearing each other down.
Ugh, I just loved it. Everything a cheer show should be. Perfection.

I think they were announcing CA pathers wining worlds in 2011.. that segment was just showing a small window into worlds to show what they were working towards.

I personally loved the show, because it does show what my kid did for so many years and also because we knew so many on the team. I'm curious what the world outside of cheer feels about it. It was perfect for us cheer freaks but I wonder if it appears a bit dry to the outside world? Believe me, I LOVE that there is not the drama of a dance moms on the show but those little side stories do add a lot of interest. Looking forward to next week, I can't wait!

My daughter's team was in warm ups with cja in Dallas and they were filming. My daughter did not compete in Dallas - she had a shoulder injury ..but was back there with her team. (She was back for uca :) ) so ...if they show warm ups in Dallas and you see a random girl... not from cja ...walking back and forth by the camera ..that would probably be her lol.

I'm interested to know if the statistic Patty Ann threw out at the beginning is true? Are there really only 5% of gyms in the US that attend Worlds?

To go back to some of the discussion.. Think they started at the 2011 Worlds to show the dynamics of what the team was working towards last season. And to answer the competition question..Yes, Fun Cheer is a very small competition in our "Texas Cheer World". We don't attend, nor do any of the larger gyms. It's mostly for the smaller gyms in Texas. Not sure why they flew in for that one.
I personally loved the show! Loved the fact that it was an actual level 5 team so that people can see what our girls do and what it takes to be in that level.
I love the fact that Patty Ann doesn't put up with any drama and that she is true to her word, keeps it real. I love the fact that she is "TEAM" oriented. This is not an individual sport, contrary to some beliefs lately! ;) I enjoyed them showing the routine, the corrections and even the sad moments that the stunts fell. In any given day, a team could do that.. Even the Best of the Best! ;) This show was the best thing for our sport right now. I'm not crazy about it being on Friday nights, think that's going to hurt us since most of the girls & parents that will watch will be at their Friday night football games. I am actually looking forward to next week. I give this one a BIG THUMBS UP! Thank you CMT!

Aewsome, awesome show. Loved it. They put Cheer Prefection to shame. This is what All-Stars are about. Loved how they had PattyAnn explain everything. Totally agreed about the cell phone thing. "Tight is light" is my new motto for my flyers. Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes. I will keep a pen and paper ready to take notes. Loved it!!!

Im sure it has to be on youtube somewhere not? everything else ends up there. I loved the show. Loved the coaching style, the drills and team having captains and co captains to keep everyone on check! Loved it and have the dvr set to record the series. Im more excited to hit choreography camp tomorrow ;)

Back