All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

*I KNOW THIS IS OLD BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO START A NEW THREAD*
Anyway, people can read their old ones and see if they agree and new members can post.

I HATE when I see teams with a bwo/fwo that has bent legs, they look like they are struggling to get over, and it's more like a backbend kickover or a front limber than a proper walkover. I also hate frog legged bhs! I saw lots of both of these at a recent competition and I just need to vent haha. We only have 2/12 with a clean walkover, but if we put in the janky ones we would probably have about half. But we don't because it will look bad and not perform well. I think the cheer world needs to emphasise more on perfection before progression and not put janky skills on the mat.

Anyway, people can read their old ones and see if they agree and new members can post.

I HATE when I see teams with a bwo/fwo that has bent legs, they look like they are struggling to get over, and it's more like a backbend kickover or a front limber than a proper walkover. I also hate frog legged bhs! I saw lots of both of these at a recent competition and I just need to vent haha. We only have 2/12 with a clean walkover, but if we put in the janky ones we would probably have about half. But we don't because it will look bad and not perform well. I think the cheer world needs to emphasise more on perfection before progression and not put janky skills on the mat.
PREACH HUNTY PREACH!

I hate what social media has allowed cheer culture to become. It's brought forth a lot of connectivity and other great things (hey, Fierceboard!), but there is an ugly side to it, like malicious cheer anons on Twitter and Tumblr, or online shadiness.

My biggest pet peeve is top girls cleaning at the top of a stunt and their arms flying out after the initial "smack" while coming back down to the smush.. Like no. Keep your entire arm, including hands, tight on your legs until the last second while coming down.. If your clean is on 1 and the smush is on 3 their counts should be "CLEAN 1-2" "PULL DOWN 3" "OPEN HANDS 4". My kids hate me when I remake them do their bump downs because of open arms. :confused:

I agree. We have 24 girls/boy on my CPs squad, and luckily most of them have beautiful walkovers.

At a gym my CP used to attend, I remember them spotting one of the cheerleaders for a BHS consistently week after week. The poor kid could not even do a backbend. I think my mouth dropped the first time I saw that!

And no...she never got that BHS. Luckily, that gym no longer has a cheer program.

Not sure if anyone else gets this problem, I'm sure they would. It can't just be me! but when people refuse to stunt or don't want to. I'm not talking about that tiny girl that doesn't like to fly, I mean the regular bases/flyers and your coach had gone (for whatever reason) ok you, you, you and you base together. Suddenly one of them is like "oh I don't wanna base" or " I don't want to fly" and your left standing there with a group doing nothing and your highly ticked off! And then if your coach is in one of those moods you get yelled at!

I agree. We have 24 girls/boy on my CPs squad, and luckily most of them have beautiful walkovers.

At a gym my CP used to attend, I remember them spotting one of the cheerleaders for a BHS consistently week after week. The poor kid could not even do a backbend. I think my mouth dropped the first time I saw that!

And no...she never got that BHS. Luckily, that gym no longer has a cheer program.

Ok this was 13 years ago, but the gym I cheered at was the same way! And they were primarily a gymnastics gym! They didn't teach backbends, walkovers, etc. at all. Straight to BHS. They aren't open anymore.

People who don't even try at practice and goof around and talk all the time. Like come on this is practice not a party!:eek:
Also I despise girls who try to get the coach to "notice" them just so they can fly. Flying isn't everything!:mad:
Amen! My pet peeve as a coach is bases and thirds pulling random air positions on the ground.. Granted this is mostly an issue with my mini and youth teams, but it drives me nuts! [emoji12]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back