What is the best method of pin backs?

• Disney Rubber Backs

• Disney Locks

• Other Pin Locks

• Hot Glue Them

• Other (if so please comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 22, 2015
Recently some of the backs of my cheer pins have been breaking and not holding the pin onto my backpack very well. I have had multiple times when the pin would actually fall off the backpack because the back would fall right off. I have looked at the disney pin backs (with mixed reviews) as well as pin locks on amazon. I was wondering what the best option is for a replacement pin back that will be able to keep my cheer pins on my backpack. I have these pins of my backpack and I use it a lot so I really need good pin backs so I don't lose my pins!

I've had the same problem with mine but I've heard that people superglue the backs to their pins so that they stay on! I haven't done this but it's an option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the disney pin locks for my disney lanyard and they work AWESOME. I lost the little tool thing so I can't get them off now... but they seriously stayed in place so well. I highly recommend those.

I bought pin locks on Amazon and they're the best! I had the same problem. The only thing about the locks is if you push them all the way down they're not long enough and the end of the pin sticks out and can poke you, but my pins are in a place I don't really have to worry about it

I've had the same problem with mine but I've heard that people superglue the backs to their pins so that they stay on! I haven't done this but it's an option!

This is what I've always done. Only problem I've had was when I took that bag as a carry on for a flight and airport security made me remove the pins and put them in my checked bag...that was a pain...

I've had to use the back of earrings. Not metal ones but those clear plastic type backs. They might not hold as great as the original backs but it works for me :)

When my daughter was very young she had her ears pierced. The earrings backs would never stay on. Not even the screw backs. I didn't want the back to come off sometime and have her put the earring or back in her mouth. So I would use super glue to glue on the backs. There are better glues however for glueing pin backs that will be on your backpack. Super Glue will work but just not as well as a glue like Titebond. Now Titebond is a wood adhesive (at least the one I have) but I use it for everything and it works great. It's much more effective than other adhesives I've used. I order mine online. It's more expensive than other glues but will last you a very long time. Good luck.

OMG this happens to me all the time!:banghead: It makes me so mad because they don't stay and then I have to buy a new pin to replace the lost one. At worlds every year it is easier to get a pack of Disney pin locks because they practically never come off!

I have used super glue along with duct tape and it never stays. The disney locking backs are the only way to keep the pins on a backpack without loosing them.

Back