Cheer Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 30, 2015
so I am having trouble picking out cheer shoes. Im on a level 5, im a flyer and i tumble and my ankles and right knee aren't the strongest. I know a ton of information about the evolutions and vengeance but havent heard much about the defiance or V ro's. if anyone could give me some imput on those two it would be great, or just an imput on any of those shoes. thank you!

For what it's worth, from a base's perspective, I prefer my flyer to have Evolutions as there's a bit more shoe to get hold of and I find it gives more control, esp for any variation of twisting mounts.

so I am having trouble picking out cheer shoes. Im on a level 5, im a flyer and i tumble and my ankles and right knee aren't the strongest. I know a ton of information about the evolutions and vengeance but havent heard much about the defiance or V ro's. if anyone could give me some imput on those two it would be great, or just an imput on any of those shoes. thank you!

I agree with @lucylou19, I wouldn't recommend the defiance for flying. I find there's too much between my foot and the bases' hands, so I can't really feel the stunt. Also found them pretty awkward for partner stunting. I haven't used the vengeance all too much, but I know a lot of partner stunt bases complain that they get slippery. I like to base flyers in vengeance because I feel I can get a really good grip on the foot, but it might just be because I have small hands! They also give zero ankle support. I've never used V-Ros, so can't help there but I find Evolutions the best. There's room in them for an ankle support, but they're not too loose without them and I find them the most comfortable to fly in.

Thank you so much! Ok so it's between the evolutions and vros, So now I just need more information on the v ros

Cp wore Vros this season, but she is a base. Put sports orthotics in them and had no feet/ankle issues with tumbling.

Did not hold up as well as previously used brand (No Limits) but cp preferred the Vros. Right now has hole in each sneaker right above big toe, but she refuses to switch to the new pair until the season officially ends.

Cps flyer wore Vros this year and I never heard complaints about them being to hard to hold.

**Welcome to Fierce Board, where we all enjoy ADHD just a....LOOK SQUIRREL***

Cp wore Vros this season, but she is a base. Put sports orthotics in them and had no feet/ankle issues with tumbling.

Did not hold up as well as previously used brand (No Limits) but cp preferred the Vros. Right now has hole in each sneaker right above big toe, but she refuses to switch to the new pair until the season officially ends.
I though that Vros are made by No Limit?

I'm a base, and I prefer if my flyer has defiances over vengeance. Mostly because the def are a lot more sturdy and won't bend say if the flyer was to lean back and doesn't squeeze her entire body/feet, so it's easier to keep her steady. Also the ven tends to get bigger, and thus more loose on the foot, which in turn makes you not able to grip the foot properly. And since it's not really any shoe there, mostly just fabric, it can get a bit hard to feel like you've got a real grip. Even if the def were to be too big, the shoe itself would still make it feel like you got a proper grip and can adjust your flyers feet. I've got def myself and I prefer them to ven in all and everything, jumps, tumbling, I've got problems with my knees and ankles myself and ven just doesn't cut it for me. And it's not like they're way heavier either.

I though that Vros are made by No Limit?
They are. The No Limits just seem like they were better made, given the state of cp's shoes at the moment. She has pretty much been able to use her cheer shoes from the season through the summer after. I will be amazed if these last through the next week of practice and the last comp next weekend. I plan on tossing these after US Finals and claiming I have no idea where they went (oops maybe you left them in Virginia Beach?) :wasntme:.

Back