All-Star Cheer Uniform Costumes For Cheam

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 31, 2011
So this year I'm co directing the musical at the local middle school. We're seriously considering doing High School Musical, which means I need to outfit a chorus of about 10 Wildcat Cheerleaders for VERY little money. I need to know if any of you have a place that can do very simple, basic uniforms for cheap. I've been browsing around, but I want to know what you guys have used. I need:

Uniform Shell (preferably with lettering, but I'll live)
Uniform Skirt
Lollies
Poms

Actors will provide their own socks and shoes, and I'm trying to decide if it's more economical to make bows myself or just buy some cheapy ones.

Go to your local rec cheer teams. See if they have any old uniforms they'd be willing to sell - the rec league that I used to coach for had a storage shed full of old uniforms that they would occasionally sell for very little money just to get rid of them.

When my school did this musical, they changed the color scheme to our own school colors (black white and blue instead of red and white.) That way, they used all of our school's past uniforms for cheer and basketball and it felt more "school-spirited" so to speak and got people excited for the show who would never be excited for any school function.

sidenote: am I the only one who finds it ironic that a middle school is doing High School Musical?

When our middle school did HSM jr they also changed it to the school name/colors, and used the old cheer and bball uniforms that were in storage at the school. It was easy because most of the kids had school t-shirts to wear for the game scenes.

BBMS is getting new unis this year, so you could ask the coach to borrow the old ones. I know they have some that they didn't even use last year (white shell top and skirt.) PM me if you would like her contact info!

ETA: I have bow-making stuff - def cheaper to make them yourself. Let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Cheerleading.com has some basic uni's that are sold for about $40 a piece. You have to order at least 6 to get lettering on them & they also sell poms and other things on their website.

Back