All-Star Cheer Updates App

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 23, 2011
Surprised no ones talking about this so I guess I will start...

Has anyone downloaded it yet?
I don't plan on it, I don't care too much about it and most of the time cheer updates 'deductions' don't match up with judges deductions so why pay money for inaccuracies?

Ps- I know it's usually the judges missing the deduction but still, inaccuracies.

Surprised no ones talking about this so I guess I will start...

Has anyone downloaded it yet?
I don't plan on it, I don't care too much about it and most of the time cheer updates 'deductions' don't match up with judges deductions so why pay money for inaccuracies?

Ps- I know it's usually the judges missing the deduction but still, inaccuracies.
There's some discussion happening in the random thread, but I agree. I don't plan on buying it.

Oh good! I won't be home for some of this weekend so I'll be able to look at twitter for the scores.
ETA; And go on fierce board whenever I'm at home too. You guys give better updates and commentary lol

Thank you! I live in sweden meaning that most of worlds is during the nights and i cant stay up watching so i dont buy the stream so i will follow fiereboard aswell.

Thank you! I live in sweden meaning that most of worlds is during the nights and i cant stay up watching so i dont buy the stream so i will follow fiereboard aswell.
Fierce board is great for this stuff! I'm so grateful I found the board and I can't wait for worlds.

Is paying $5 for the CheerUpdates APP ridiculous? | Allstar Cheerleading, Life Lessons and More

I still don't believe I need to pay $5 for this. Especially when I can get it for free in a bajilion other places. But I am a CU Hater™ so.

Also who thought drop shadow text was a good idea for all the text????????? The design on this. It's lacking.
Laughing at the trademark sign, I guess I am too. He blocked me after I made a comment about him sassily responding to people asking genuine questions. It's cool what he does, though. Not a big fan of the app cost, though at all.

Laughing at the trademark sign, I guess I am too. He blocked me after I made a comment about him sassily responding to people asking genuine questions. It's cool what he does, though. Not a big fan of the app cost, though at all.
I remember right before Worlds last year, I tweeted him informing the need for a correction in the Google doc schedule they had made. I can't remember the exact details, but they listed a team from Taipei followed by Thailand as the country. He kept saying that they're not responsible for the ICU schedule when I was specifically referring to THEIR USASF Worlds Google doc schedule, I even took a screenshot for crying out loud... I was annoyed to say the least and even more so when some followers tweeted response like, "Ignore the haters, these people shouldnt always expect you to do everything."

I wasn't even hatin'... just offering a suggestion to make a correction that could make you look less ignorant.

Is paying $5 for the CheerUpdates APP ridiculous? | Allstar Cheerleading, Life Lessons and More

I still don't believe I need to pay $5 for this. Especially when I can get it for free in a bajilion other places. But I am a CU Hater™ so.

Also who thought drop shadow text was a good idea for all the text????????? The design on this. It's lacking.
Thanks for sharing my post. I totally agree with you that the app is not for everyone. I also agree with the design critique as well :).
In fairness, he can certainly be percieved as snarky or rude sometimes. I think alot of times in his haste to respond quickly to the hundreds of people providing him info, he can certainly come off that way. He does have a passion for what he is providing the Cheer community though. That future blog post may be reserved for a later date.

I am excited about the future of this platform. Many people think CU's reporting is inaccurate. People need to remember he is not reporting actual judges comments or scores, only what he is viewing and sees at that time. No one should ever take the observations to the bank as gospel( I think that gets lost sometimes). It is only CU's opinion and it typically does not exactly mirror the score sheets. He is normally overly critical IMO which I believe is good for the sport.

Back