All-Star Cheer Vs Grades

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

if a kid is working hard in school and still struggling, then i don't think they need to be pulled. not yet at least. however, if a kid is being lazy and slacking off on the homework, classwork etc, then yes, they should be pulled from cheer until they can clean up their act in school.

We just had to make such a decision my cp had an emergency appendictomy last week, missed a week of school add that to the week she missed in January for the flu she was on the verge of loosing credits for to many absences. The counselor told me that if she missed any more school for non medical reasons she would loose all credits from the semester.
She is on a worlds team and we will be in florida for 5 days.
She has a commitment to her team so we withdrew her and she will be doing online classes from now thru the summer and finishing her season with her team.

Tbh i think every other actionshould be taking first - from a personal experience.. i am in frist year of University and was finding it really tough to manage 18 hours cheer and my mid term exams earlier this year but instead of giving up cheer i literally stopped everything else - no facebook, no going out drinking, nothing but cheer and uni work. may sound insane but cheer is what gets me through each day, its not a choice you drop in and drop out off its a lifestyle, and 99% gets you no-where. Obviously if i was REALLLY struggling i'd have cut down some of the open tumble classes and just stuck to the neccesary but tbh once you take away all the time wasting things you realise how much spare time you actually have... :) (btw it worked past all my mid-terms)

Back