All-Star Cheering All Stars While In College

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
When I'm in college, if for whatever reason I can't/don't make that colleges cheer team, I plan on cheering on an international 5/6 team. My question is, how do freshmen do it? I plan on going out of state, and most colleges don't allow cars on campus freshman year. How do you cheer on an all star team without having a car? Do you carpool? I'm just not sure

When I'm in college, if for whatever reason I can't/don't make that colleges cheer team, I plan on cheering on an international 5/6 team. My question is, how do freshmen do it? I plan on going out of state, and most colleges don't allow cars on campus freshman year. How do you cheer on an all star team without having a car? Do you carpool? I'm just not sure

i don't know how close you are to going to college, but i think your best bet (once you have an idea what schools you're looking at) is to contact specific gyms. they would have a much better idea of where the athletes are coming from and if/when there are carpools.

both schools i went to (transferred) allowed freshmen to have cars; one for free and one for a large fee. but look at school policies too.

i don't know how close you are to going to college, but i think your best bet (once you have an idea what schools you're looking at) is to contact specific gyms. they would have a much better idea of where the athletes are coming from and if/when there are carpools.

both schools i went to (transferred) allowed freshmen to have cars; one for free and one for a large fee. but look at school policies too.
Alright, thanks so much!

My friend's a freshman without a car and she carpools! She cheered at the gym before going to college but I'm sure you can find other freshmen who are in the same position via social networking. There might even be some people who live close to campus and would be willing to swing by that way.

Well I cheered on University of Memphis and ME BlueCrew last season BUT both of those teams at the same gym. The best thing for you to do is to carpool with someone if you can find someone.

I never understand why you wouldn't be allowed to have cars on campus as a freshman...makes no sense to me..

Wow really that's a rule? That you can't have a car as a freshman? I've never heard of that but then again I'm in Canada. They charge you for parking but they wouldn't make a rule saying you couldn't have a car seeing as they wanna make as much money as possible.

Wow really that's a rule? That you can't have a car as a freshman? I've never heard of that but then again I'm in Canada. They charge you for parking but they wouldn't make a rule saying you couldn't have a car seeing as they wanna make as much money as possible.

it's a more popular rule with the bigger schools. while I'm sure they'd love the extra income from parking passes, they just don't have the capacity to house 50,000 cars along with 50,000 students

Let me tell you. I'm a freshman in college, I am a University of Arizona cheerleader and I'm on Desert Storm Elite. If you can handle it, by all means do it. I am taking 22 units.... and this will be my last year of doing all this. I drive 2 hours from my college to Storm, multiple nights a week, I usually carpool with a teammate. You have to make sure you can handle all of it with your schedule - college is a whole different ball park.

There is a girl on my daughters team who is a freshman and does this. Its a good option for those who either go somewhere that doesnt have a cheer team or cant make a college cheer team. The girl on my daughters team lives local so that changes everything but if you are in a large city for college chances are there will be lots of gyms around to choose from.

Let me tell you. I'm a freshman in college, I am a University of Arizona cheerleader and I'm on Desert Storm Elite. If you can handle it, by all means do it. I am taking 22 units.... and this will be my last year of doing all this. I drive 2 hours from my college to Storm, multiple nights a week, I usually carpool with a teammate. You have to make sure you can handle all of it with your schedule - college is a whole different ball park.
:O you deserve some sort of award. I'm only taking 14 hours and cheering school and I'm overwhelmed. Do you ever sleep?

I would definitely check with the school that you are interested in. I know many freshman at OSU that do Twist and Shout, and I'm pretty sure they carpool. Also the University of Louisville practices at GymTyme so it is a lot easier to do both teams.

Back