All-Star Cheering Seen As A Sport Or Not ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 21, 2010
first off i just saw a clip of what they are showing tonight on cnn with cheer extreme .... i was not shocked to see all of the comments at the end of the video of people bashing cheering and saying how it is not a sport.

at this point im not even sure if it is worth the argument anymore . The people who know and realize that its a sport are the ones who have the love for the sport and the ones who respect what everyone does on a day to day basis in order to cleam the world title or the national champion jacket

i know!
its a sport and ppl would think that if they actually saw what we were doing

Im not sure about you guys but a lot of the people that I meet/know recognize competitive cheerleading as a sport and how much hard work is put into it, but when it comes down to high school/rec cheer its not given as much respect as a sport.

Any one that doesn't think Cheerleading is a sport needs to one, go watch a competition team practice (conditioning AND routines) and two, go to competition and watch these these kids compete! Even my son (a High School Junior that plays football) realizes his sister's practices are true workouts!!

i think it also helps in which part of the united states where you live ... or even out of the country . in new england there is only one or two really well known gyms and i know speaking from new england a lot of people say it is not a sport ... if you did a survey in the south where all the big gyms are from they might have something different to day

we work soooo hard, in every level! we run, stunt, jump, tumble. we ARE a sport. I dont even care what the news says anymore!

We work our booty's off and get little respect, little credit, and we are not taken seriously. Why? Because people are negligent and do not know what we really do. They do not know the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to be an Allstar cheerleader. We should just have fun and do our thing. Don't listen to inconsiderate idiots behind computer screens. They see these videos and they think what we do is no big deal. Smh.
But hey,
Still wanna hate? Well that's their loss. ;)

My dad, who knows NOTHING about cheerleading - all forms of it, not just allstar - except for the fact that I like it, said that he doesn't understand why it's not considered a sport and thinks that it should be. But he happens to be an open minded person and not a giant bunghole. Haha. And that is what most people who hate on cheer are. They are not nice people. And on the CEA CNN preview page, a lot of those people that commented even admitted that they didn't bother to watch the video OR read the article and that the only reason they were commenting on it was to put it down. That is what most people like that do...all day...every day. They sit in their parents basement safe behind their computer screen and talk crap about everything to everyone. Because they are miserable little excuses of human beings that have no lives and only exist to spread hate. I told my dad about some of those comments and how a lot of them were about the uniforms and make-up and I think his reply was pretty spot-on. He said that people just complain about it because they know THEY could never do any of the things that cheerleaders do and that THEY could never pull off a cute uniform and pretty make-up like cheerleaders do, so they get mad and start their crap talking because they know they themselves suck as people. Haha. But we know it's a sport, and that's all that matters. Most allstar cheerleaders are in better shape than people that play football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc. And cheerleaders don't need to just have muscle, but also flexibility in order to tumble and stunt. I bet a lot of football players, though their muscley and strong, probably couldn't bend to do a bridge, let alone anything else. Sorry, long rant. I'll stop now. XD

it makes me so mad... and I have been arguing over it with ignorant clueless people for years. For some reason people who aren't even familiar with the term "all star cheer" think they know more about it than I do and believe they are more qualified to tell ME what my sport is. However I have never yet changed anyone's mind until they truly educate themselves. The high school stereotype overpowers our words and its not worth getting worked up over. Let ignorant people think what they want.

i've gotten to the point where i don't care what people think about this anymore lol. In michigan High school cheerleading is a lot different. this is my high school and they are the state runner up. People at my school dont really know what all star is but in general cheerleading is seen as a sport around here.
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QgDmR4m9NkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

to the people that dont think cheerleading is a sport.
qqa3yt.jpg

Back