Cheerleading.about.com

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 29, 2014
Hi Y'all!

My name is Christy and I am the new Cheerleading Expert at About.Com. This month I will be starting to add new, fresh articles to the site and I am looking for inspiration just about everywhere. I plan on asking for ideas and opinions here from time to time (if this is okay with the mods). I would like to know what YOU want to read about-- anything goes as long as it is cheer related.

Already in the works are a bunch of regular features on skills, conditioning, motions, and more. In addition, each month I will be profiling one program (all star, university, international, and high school), one or more coaches from that program, and one or more athletes from that program. I also plan to have a brag board where you can show off your skills!

Let me know if you have any questions for me. I look forward to getting to know and becoming a part of the community here!

Christy

@ChristyCheers what is About.com? I'm not familiar...

It's a web site where you can go to learn just about anything! They hire experts in various fields-- from medicine to fashion to travel and more-- to write articles, tutorials, etc. I haven't uploaded any of my articles just yet (I plan to later this week), but pop over and have a look at what the previous expert had on offer: Cheerleading Cheers, Chants, Jumps, Stunts for Cheerleading and Cheerleaders

I'm going to start asking for pictures for my brag board this week :)

how to improve jumps and stretches for flexibility

Great! I am starting a Friday Flexibility feature this week which will include a general stretching routine first, followed by more advanced stretches each month. Look for the general stretches this Friday!

I have an article planned for next month which will help add height to jumps and have some planned for form and technique, as well.

Thanks for your input!

Back