Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
A parent recently reported a questionable individual to the USASF Parent Action Commitee. This person is misuing Facebook, Twitterm and Youtube accounts to access content with cheerleaders then reposting them along side explicit content. If you have Cheer anywhere in your name he is probably following you and accessing your content. We have taken steps to report the individual to Facebook and Twitter and to the Cyber Tip line on the website for Missing and Exploited children.

This thread is not to retaliate against that person, but to provide awareness of the incident and post a link to an article the Parent Action Committee has published on Cheerleading and Online Privacy. Please take a minute to read and be aware: http://cheerparentsonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/cheerleading-and-online-privacy.84/

Bump.

This is important people!

Unlike other things I usually say.

The USASF is actively contacting people on Twitter and Facebook to get his individual blocked. Everyone needs to do their part. There are numerous duplicate and fan pages of "cheerlebrities" with pictures and videos for this person to tag and lurk.

Block people you think have questionable motives from your Facebook page. PM me or check my Facebook page if you want to see who we are talking about.

A good rule of thumb is: set everything to friends only and only friend people you actually know!
In this day and age you can never be too careful, and you need to protect your privacy. Not just your photos, but all of your information.

The USASF is actively contacting people on Twitter and Facebook to get his individual blocked. Everyone needs to do their part. There are numerous duplicate and fan pages of "cheerlebrities" with pictures and videos for this person to tag and lurk.

Block people you think have questionable motives from your Facebook page. PM me or check my Facebook page if you want to see who we are talking about.

I had to talk to my cousin about this bc he loves CEA and I noticed he had a lot of the girls from SE as his friends...which were nothing but fake pages. I told him about people abusing their privacy and showed him how to tell if the person was probably legit (mutual friends like the coaches, parents, etc.) If a girl on SE isn't fb friends w/Courtney, or any of the other coaches, it's a red flag. I asked him how he would feel if that were his cousin (my daughter) people stole pics from from his fb and made fake profiles, etc.

He understood and got rid of all the fake profiles (he's 13)

Thanks for posting this and trying to "promote" it so much today!! This is very important and I think that EVERYONE needs to take a few minutes of their time to re-check their privacy settings on facebook and do a mass cleaning! I try to be good about only accepting people I know, but I do know random people get through because of the amount of mutual friends we have or because I think I kind of remember going to preschool with their cousin a million years ago ;) haha ok maybe not that drastic, but still never hurts to remove those friends that you don't actually know! My rule of thumb is usually: if you wouldn't be able to pick them out of a large group of people, DELETE them!

A rule I always go by, DO NOT add someone to facebook or any private account that you DO NOT know or have never met. I know people that just add anyone who sends a request and a few have eventually gotten creepy messages from said people. As much as I love cheer and the athletes on these big teams, because I do not know these individuals personally I would never request them on facebook. 95% of these athletes are minors so their private lives are private and unless you are friends or relatives of them you have no need to know what is going on in their lives 24/7.

Thank you for helping to spread the word.

The homepage on my profile is a link to my Facebook. There you can see who this specific individual is and work to block him.

If you see anyone doing this on a Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or any other account, contact them to help show them how to block or report it.

Do you know if businesses can block people from their fb pages? With the business pages people who "like" the page don't have to be approved. Our gym has a page with a lot of pictures of the kids....now I'm worried.

I'm glad you are king the question because this individual is linked to some well known programs.

I believe the person who administers the page can block that person. There is plenty of information on how to do that in the Facebook help section

let's keep this circulating.

a good thing to do is only add people you know personally! it's too much of a risk to have your personal info floating around on the internet and easily accessible by people you don't know.

Back