Cheerleading Is Too Expensive!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 2, 2013
I have tried many sports which included: Cheerleading (HS & all star), Crossfit, Wrestling, Judo, Figure Skating, Basketball, Soccer, Paddling, Volleyball, and Air Riflery.

I've grown to LOVE the sport within 2 years. I've had a total of 4 years of experience of cheerleading. 1 year in pop wanner (non-competitive), 3 years in varsity however my freshman year we didn't stunt, tumble, or compete. I took a break from cheer to focus on wrestling in my sophomore year. I then cheered for two more years in my junior and senior year. We FINALLY found a coach who could help us stunt and tumble. Our junior year I had nothing but a cartwheel and round off. Once I found out about cheerleading (three years ago in 2011) I was hooked! I wanted to be like Maddie Gardener and be apart of this amazing thing called "All Star Cheerleading". I wanted to be the best I could possibly be, so I took privates 2x's a week, along with open gym, and rec cheer for about a month. I finally got a round off back hand spring, then a backhand spring, then a tuck, and finally a running tuck. In my senior year I found the most perfect all star gym in Hawaii, which is very limited (about 3 all star gyms I know of on my island) Cheer 808. We traveled to Georgia, ATL, got to practice at the Stingray All Star gym and had a blast buying $20+ cheer bows and accessories.

I have tried many sports which included: Cheerleading (HS & all star), Crossfit, Wrestling, Judo, Figure Skating, Basketball, Soccer, Paddling, Volleyball, and Air Riflery.

I've grown to LOVE the sport within 2 years. I've had a total of 4 years of experience of cheerleading. 1 year in pop wanner (non-competitive), 3 years in varsity however my freshman year we didn't stunt, tumble, or compete. I took a break from cheer to focus on wrestling in my sophomore year. I then cheered for two more years in my junior and senior year. We FINALLY found a coach who could help us stunt and tumble. Our junior year I had nothing but a cartwheel and round off. Once I found out about cheerleading (three years ago in 2011) I was hooked! I wanted to be like Maddie Gardener and be apart of this amazing thing called "All Star Cheerleading". I wanted to be the best I could possibly be, so I took privates 2x's a week, along with open gym, and rec cheer for about a month. I finally got a round off back hand spring, then a backhand spring, then a tuck, and finally a running tuck. In my senior year I found the most perfect all star gym in Hawaii, which is very limited (about 3 all star gyms I know of on my island) Cheer 808. We traveled to Georgia, ATL, got to practice at the Stingray All Star gym and had a blast buying $20+ cheer bows and accessories.
Wow, you sound crazy athletic.... and you did CROSS FIT? Whoa. But yeah, I definitely agree with you. Coaches could at least try to cut down on apparel costs.

I have tried many sports impressed mhich included: Cheerleading (HS & all star), Crossfit, Wrestling, Judo, Figure Skating, Basketball, Soccer, Paddling, Volleyball, and Air Riflery.

I remember seeing one of the 8O8 squads get off their buses last year, we were so impressed that they had come so far.

Yes, very expensive. Especially if you have a family that travels to support you to every competition. It cast cost as much as college tuition. I don't buy a lot of swag, so for me its not as bad as others. I spend more money at Starbucks.

Rec and high school cheerleading isn't as expensive as all-star cheer because, in all stars you do a lot more and you go to competitions around the country.. Me personally I ❤ cheer but I too think its way expensive

Perfectionist

I've found that there are ways to keep it affordable, even if you're at the most expensive program in the state.

That thing at NCA in Whatever Athletics Pro shop? Don't buy it.

Those 5 new bows she sees every day on Fiercebows or whatever bow store and begs for? Nope. Not unless she's paying with her own $.

Nike Pros in lavender, mint, chartreuse, and colors you don't even wear?

Starbucks before & after practice? Nope.

Dinner out to eat after Day 1 & 2 of EVERY comp you attend? Nope. Stick to hitting the grocery store to pick some stuff up before you get there.

Worlds shirts from every team in Large Senior? Nope.

And there you have it, folks!

Love it!!

I've found that there are ways to keep it affordable, even if you're at the most expensive program in the state.

Those 5 new bows she sees every day on Fiercebows or whatever bow store and begs for? Nope. Not unless she's paying with her own $.

Dinner out to eat after Day 1 & 2 of EVERY comp you attend? Nope. Stick to hitting the grocery store to pick some stuff up before you get there.

Soffe's FTW!

Back