Cheerleading Stunt Stand

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 12, 2015
Does anyone have the Cheerleading Stunt Stand?
My CP has been wanting it, but $300+ seems like a lot.
Opinions if it's worth the $$$?

The gym I coach at has a couple of stunt stands that we use for flyer private lessons as well as our "flight school" class. The girls seem to like them, I've played around on it a couple times but didn't really get a good feel for it. I think there are directions for grips/certain skills which might be why it was hard for me to use because I didn't look at any of the instructions haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it. I'm not a flyer though (but i wish i was) so i play with it.
Heres my pros vs cons

Pros
-Fun to play around with
-Teaches balance while pulling skills.
-Not very high off the ground so you can't fall very far.
-Lots of different attachments to do basically everything

Cons
-Expensive. (you obviously know that) Not sure if its really worth 400 or whatever it costed, depends on how much your CP uses it
-The full-up attachment is terrifying and sometimes falls out of the base when i'm spinning so i fall.
-When you do fall it is very possible to twist an ankle (done that before)

Also, I have the older version of the stunt stand. I think they put out a taller version with new stuff this past year.
Personally I put mine at the feet of my bed and practice like full ups and if i fall i just fall onto my bed. Overall i think if your CP loves flying and wants to practice i say its worth it!

Bought one for our Daughter for the sole purpose of improving her flying skills. It helps with strength and reps. Yes it's expensive but what would you pay for privates? My daughter has had it for 2 years. She is 12 started as a tiny and has flown 7 out of 8 years. The stunt stand is very durable and as long as you keep all the pieces together you could resell it to someone in the gym for half when your daughter retired from cheer.

I don't know if you have purchased one or not. If you haven't, I have one that I used maybe 5 times if that before quitting cheer that I would like to sell. It is the older style (isn't as tall as the ones they sell now). It has a black base and pink and purple grips.

We have one and my daughters do not use it as much as I thought they would. But in theory, is really good for practicing flying skills.

I don't know if you have purchased one or not. If you haven't, I have one that I used maybe 5 times if that before quitting cheer that I would like to sell. It is the older style (isn't as tall as the ones they sell now). It has a black base and pink and purple grips.
I'm interested! Can you send me pics?

There are also other options available on ebay/amazon/or homemade that can help with the basics of flying. Not sure what level your CP is, but if she is just looking for the balancing aspect of the tool this may be a more affordable option :).

There are many options, even homemade ones. Having said that, my daughter has the blinged out stunt stand and loves it and I have seen improvement in her balance and skill.

Do you still the stunt stand? If so I am interested in purchasing it for my daughter.

I am interested if you still have it.

Latest posts

Back