All-Star Cheerleading Superstitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 28, 2010
What are some of yalls superstitions about cheer...whether it's at competition mats or at practice!

Mine are:
-I have to have subway the night before a competition.
-if we win our comp then I can't wash my uniform...the only time I do is if we lose to wash away the bad luck ;)
-I must high five, hug, and wish everyone of my teammates before stepping to the mat
-I wear my lucky sports bra and underwear for every cometition
-our coaches have to give everyone one blue pixy stix on the practice mat
-I have to have a prayer circle with my team, with the same person on each of my sides every time
-I have to walk out with my bestfriend, we hold pinkys and kiss it for good luck.
-we cannot split anything when walking as a team...poles, elevators, etc
-I have to do everything I did exactly on the warm up the day before if we have a two day competition

What are yours? :)

-I straighten my hair twice
-No one can fix my bow before I go on stage
-I try to eat atleast one thing thats purple the day of the comp
-I carbo load for two days before the comp

I'm sure I'll think of more!

Tsunami is SO superstitious haha
We knock on wood, don't split poles, not even the worlds globe...yeah one year we all we out the same side haha (I think last year we sucked it up cuz that is just silly) we have to do our circle cheer and all handshakes...I personally don't really believe in superstitions...BUT I do have to chew gum from the beginning of warm ups all the way till I get set and wait for the music...then I swallow it. Haha I'm weird but I accidentally had gum once and then swallowed it right before the music started and we hit perfect so now I have to hehe ;)

Tsunami is SO superstitious haha
We knock on wood, don't split poles, not even the worlds globe...yeah one year we all we out the same side haha (I think last year we sucked it up cuz that is just silly) we have to do our circle cheer and all handshakes...I personally don't really believe in superstitions...BUT I do have to chew gum from the beginning of warm ups all the way till I get set and wait for the music...then I swallow it. Haha I'm weird but I accidentally had gum once and then swallowed it right before the music started and we hit perfect so now I have to hehe ;)

hahah lovee thiss :)

i cant shave my legs the day before or the day of competition so i always do 2 days before... so random

all the girls and boys on my team do no shave november to prepare for the season. ewwww sooo many hairy legs on one floor...72 legs to be exact

we don't split poles. the new people didnt have that one down yet, so we had someone stand next to the pole to make sure no one split it.
we all put a blue penny in our shoe before we go on.
we do the hokey pokey where we have to put our butt cheek in.
we have to do our "this is the power" chant.
there's a bunch of others, but its late and i cant think.

we don't split poles. the new people didnt have that one down yet, so we had someone stand next to the pole to make sure no one split it.
we all put a blue penny in our shoe before we go on.
we do the hokey pokey where we have to put our butt cheek in.
we have to do our "this is the power" chant.
there's a bunch of others, but its late and i cant think.

haha where do you get a blue penny??

At my last squad, someone had to get hurt or feel sick. If they didn't, we could predict that the routine wouldn't hit perfectly. FACT aahahha

Back