"cheerlebrities"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 4, 2014
So people got mad that I included some cheerleaders name in this post so I'm reduing it. My whole point of the post was to input my opinion about cheerlebrities. I have nothing against them, I'm against the way people treat them just because they promote things. They work just as hard as any cheerleader. Promoting things doesn't make them a better cheerleader/person, I think they should be recognized because of there talent. Not because of how many twitter or Instagram followers they have. But I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that either. There are gonna be some cheerleaders that are more well known but we shouldn't think that they only got there because they promote

Last edited:
Well besides the name use there are a lot of things going on here. A lot of issues being address. Basically, you're saying your not a fan of cheerlebrities idk how to spell it. I totally get it. I just think this post is tackling a lot.

But however welcome to forums!

Cami Banson used to be on CA Cheetahs but they didn't have a flier spot for her and was told to work on her tumbling but unlike Peyton Mabry, Cami just went to SOT (Spirit of Texas) instead. She is trying to work on her tumbling but she still isn't level 5. SOT doesn't really have a flier spot for her either but makes room for her because she is a popular cheerleader and has helped Spirit's popularity. Popularity shouldn't be the reason your put/kept on a squad, your skill and determination and passion for the sport should be the reason.

But on the other hand the Cheetahs are criticized all the time because they have "Cheerlebrities" and all they do is promote companies and themselves but the people they are criticizing are honestly really talented athletes. Jamie Andries for example does promote things like the Pump it Up app. People comment things like "Maybe if you weren't so busy going to photo shoots and promoting other companies and trying to become famous, your team would've won worlds." But in my opinion just because they promote things because the companies ask them to, does not mean that they aren't determined athletes who try just as hard as any other team. The cheetahs have 4-6 hour practices, and yeah they get special warmups and t-shirts just for comps but that doesn't mean that they don't work just as hard as lets say Top Gun who won the 2014 Worlds.

Cheerlebrities are just recognized cheerleaders with a lot of instagram and twitter followers who promote companies and go to photo shoots but still are amazing talented athletes.

-Stay fierce

And this will be your first year in cheer? I'm impressed.

The Fierce Board: photo ID required

Cami Banson used to be on CA Cheetahs but they didn't have a flier spot for her and was told to work on her tumbling but unlike Peyton Mabry, Cami just went to SOT (Spirit of Texas) instead. She is trying to work on her tumbling but she still isn't level 5. SOT doesn't really have a flier spot for her either but makes room for her because she is a popular cheerleader and has helped Spirit's popularity. Popularity shouldn't be the reason your put/kept on a squad, your skill and determination and passion for the sport should be the reason.

But on the other hand the Cheetahs are criticized all the time because they have "Cheerlebrities" and all they do is promote companies and themselves but the people they are criticizing are honestly really talented athletes. Jamie Andries for example does promote things like the Pump it Up app. People comment things like "Maybe if you weren't so busy going to photo shoots and promoting other companies and trying to become famous, your team would've won worlds." But in my opinion just because they promote things because the companies ask them to, does not mean that they aren't determined athletes who try just as hard as any other team. The cheetahs have 4-6 hour practices, and yeah they get special warmups and t-shirts just for comps but that doesn't mean that they don't work just as hard as lets say Top Gun who won the 2014 Worlds.

Cheerlebrities are just recognized cheerleaders with a lot of instagram and twitter followers who promote companies and go to photo shoots but still are amazing talented athletes.

-Stay fierce
Like someone already said, using names isn't the best. Lol
But I'd also like to say, most coaches don't just "make spots". If someone doesn't tumble, I'm sure they're contributing to the team somewhere else throughout the routine. I could name plenty of teams from years past that have had non "cheerlebrities" who don't tumble and have been on worlds teams. But in this case, just like others. Just because we don't see them tumble, doesn't mean they can't. And if you're not a part of the situation personally, or even if you were, it's not fair to call someone out by name in a place like this for not tumbling in a routine. Some of that information could be false.

And I'm not trying to attack you at all.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So what came first, the cheerlebrity or the followers? Wouldn't the followers make the cheerleader the cheerleb? You just can't appoint yourself one. #ap

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

So what came first, the cheerlebrity or the followers? Wouldn't the followers make the cheerleader the cheerleb? You just can't appoint yourself one. #ap

I hereby appoint myself a cheerlebrity, bring on the endorsements, thousands of followers and competition meet and greets. Who wants an autographed bow sprayed with my perfume?

I hereby appoint myself a cheerlebrity, bring on the endorsements, thousands of followers and competition meet and greets. Who wants an autographed bow sprayed with my perfume?
good enough for me. Everyone should follow College Cheerleader Extraordinaire EmmaMazza. A true cheerleb.

Back