All-Star Cheersport 2016 - Friday & Day 1 & Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apparently TWO HUNDREDTHS of a point separated Peach (97.45) and A-Team (97.43) this weekend.

NCA is going to be interesting!
.02 is no joke!!!!!
We been there before!

Last year at NCA large j3 we had a few issues day 2, in awards for the top 2 they announced 2nd place separated by 2 one hundredths of a point (and I swear it was the longest pause before they announced the winner.

Ironically the 2nd place team was SoT just as the one listed above. It's so rewarding knowing you were that close but stings a little bit more knowing your timing in the dance or in your synchro tumbling, or your feet together in a bhs could of been the cause for that .02 And then it makes it so hard!!
My heart literally breaks for those kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just F.Y.I.
sq051e.jpg

How many years has Cheersport done the worlds bids this way and why?

I want to say they started last year or the year before. The changes to scoring made scoring pretty subjective. You'd get into a range, but then it was up to the judges to determine where teams should score in relation to each other. Since cheersport has divisions in different halls with different judging panels, it was hard to compare scoring across halls and it really wasn't fair.

A judge in Hall A might be scoring higher than a judge in Hall B. That doesn't matter for a particular division, as long as the judge is being consistent within the division, but then you can't really compare the scores from Hall A to Hall B. Just because a team from Hall A scored higher, it doesn't mean they would have when put head to head with a team from Hall B.

I believe they do some amount of re-scoring teams in line for bids between when the competition ends and when they announce bids.

Back