All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

True, I just figured that with the mistakes GA and ACE had that CEA or Gym Tyme would have moved up because they hit near perfect. And if Gym Tyme really did get their score changed and moved to second then how did they fall to 4th if GA didn't hit? I guess once people get back from the competition and the real stories are told it won't make sense.

It doesn't matter anymore...It is what it is. GT Platinum did a great job both days and our kids are nothing but proud of themselves and their performances this weekend. All the teams in this division looked great this weekend and gave us just a preview of what we have to look forward to at Worlds.

which team platinum or white?

White. I know I'm biased because they are my team, but I can't figure out what was wrong with their routine on CheerSports scoresheet, because they did really well both days, no team is ever completely perfect and they weren't either, but I just don't understand why they scored so low.

It doesn't matter anymore...It is what it is. GT Platinum did a great job both days and our kids are nothing but proud of themselves and their performances this weekend. All the teams in this division looked great this weekend and gave us just a preview of what we have to look forward to at Worlds.

Great answer Mama O, our teams have NOTHING to be ashamed of because no matter the placement, they did what they set out to do this weekend and put on a show! No team is perfect, someone will always find a reason to deduct something but Platinum and White were amazing this weekend and no standings will take that away from them! On to the next!

White. I know I'm biased because they are my team, but I can't figure out what was wrong with their routine on CheerSports scoresheet, because they did really well both days, no team is ever completely perfect and they weren't either, but I just don't understand why they scored so low.

didnt yall end up 2nd though? maybe it was the tumbling errors from day 1?

didnt yall end up 2nd though? maybe it was the tumbling errors from day 1?

We did end up in 2nd. My curiousity is in what do you think was wrong with the routine in day 1 that caused the low score. We had a tumbling touchdown and performance error day 2 as well. Just curious.

We did end up in 2nd. My curiousity is in what do you think was wrong with the routine in day 1 that caused the low score. We had a tumbling touchdown and performance error day 2 as well. Just curious.

well it yall had that major tumbling bust day one too which is a 4 point deduction which also affects execution. it seems like a lot of teams with tumbling errors scored really low.

I don't understand all the rules and regulations and probably never will. I am not debating whether they deserved to win or not, just trying to understand how the scoring works. And it is best to start with your own team. Thanks for your help.

Cheerfanforever, it is clear to me the reason White was scored so low the first day is because the judges reviewed the pictures taken during the performance. And you have one boy on the team with some fierce facials. lol

Cheerfanforever, it is clear to me the reason White was scored so low the first day is because the judges reviewed the pictures taken during the performance. And you have one boy on the team with some fierce facials. lol

That is right, I forgot about the facials, but HE makes the team Mama O, if it wasn't for his FIERCE facials, our team would be NOTHING! lol!

I have a friend or two at C4. They did not drop down at Cheersport. They stepped up at BUTBT. They have been Sr Open 5 since try outs. C4 coaches (to my understanding) wanted to send a team to worlds. They are a strong up and coming program so they added a couple of boys and told them they have one shot to get a bid. They got that bid so they are good to go. I think they did it right.

I am a fan of C4 and I love watching their teams, however if they were able to step up at BUTBT and WIN and receive a bid then it appears they should have stayed in that division. Obviously they could hang so why go back to Sr Open? From what I watched at Battle they were every bit a true level 5 team and would continue to do well at that level. Why would someone want to drop back down to a level that you know you are better than?

I am a fan of C4 and I love watching their teams, however if they were able to step up at BUTBT and WIN and receive a bid then it appears they should have stayed in that division. Obviously they could hang so why go back to Sr Open? From what I watched at Battle they were every bit a true level 5 team and would continue to do well at that level. Why would someone want to drop back down to a level that you know you are better than?

Someone posted earlier that they went senior open because they have someone under 12 on the team. They replaced her with someone older to get the bid, but to be fair because she was on the team from the beginning they will compete senior open with her for the rest of the season. Then compete with the older girl at worlds.

even aside from all the GT drama (which we as a team are over with.....being very satisfied with our performances) Brandon White did NOT deserve 7th place in no way. I don't see how anyone can disagree with me if you have seen their routine. Also, Peter had 3 teams come home with jackets this weekend, obviously he knows the Cheersport scoresheet and knows what to put out there.

Back