All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My understanding from conversations with judges is, they reviewed the entire division and than yes they re-scored pink.

Wow..You got to talk to the judges on our Panel? Interesting...I wonder why the judges would say something different than the Cheersport Official?

yeah i saw a few of these too. they were def my favorite because they were more practical the the level 5 ones (when i wore my nca jacket to school my freshman year the monday after winning i got made fun of, it hasn't been out of my closet since then), but the fleeces are too unofficial
yeah exactly

I am a fan of C4 and I love watching their teams, however if they were able to step up at BUTBT and WIN and receive a bid then it appears they should have stayed in that division. Obviously they could hang so why go back to Sr Open? From what I watched at Battle they were every bit a true level 5 team and would continue to do well at that level. Why would someone want to drop back down to a level that you know you are better than?

because they had asked a girl who was too young to compete as true senior to step down so they could get a bid. she has to step down for BUTBT, Clash of the Titans, and Worlds. however, they're allowing her to compete in the other competitions.

Wow..You got to talk to the judges on our Panel? Interesting...I wonder why the judges would say something different than the Cheersport Official?

Relaax. It's not unheard of for someone to talk to the judging panel. You bump into these people all weekend, whether you relize it or not. It's over, you won. By 15 points or 25 points? Who cares. Congrats on you win, your girls were fabulous, no need to call anyone out!

As far as the jackets....CHEERSPORT just posted that more divisions had to be split than originally planned for because of last minute team additions. More division splits means more winners and more jackets that need to be given out. Seems like an unfortunate but reasonable explanation.

Relaax. It's not unheard of for someone to talk to the judging panel. You bump into these people all weekend, whether you relize it or not. It's over, you won. By 15 points or 25 points? Who cares. Congrats on you win, your girls were fabulous, no need to call anyone out!

I have no idea what you have to do with this topic, unless you are a coach or an athlete in this division. Relax, LOL? I'm not upset, I'm just trying to figure out why there's 2 different stories as to a score change that happened in my division, with my team that I coach. Winning has nothing to do with it. It's the principal and it's the truth that matters to me.

I have no idea what you have to do with this topic, unless you are a coach or an athlete in this division. Relax, LOL? I'm not upset, I'm just trying to figure out why there's 2 different stories as to a score change that happened in my division, with my team that I coach. Winning has nothing to do with it. It's the principal and it's the truth that matters to me.

Well I am sorry if i was wrong...i am a coach, and I compete in international5 by the way. your post's just seemed a bit sarcastic, that's all. And I wasn't saying it's about winning; actually, thought your team was great, and said good job? Well either way...congrats and hope you find out what really happened.

Well I am sorry if i was wrong...i am a coach, and I compete in international5 by the way. your post's just seemed a bit sarcastic, that's all. And I wasn't saying it's about winning; actually, thought your team was great, and said good job? Well either way...congrats and hope you find out what really happened.

Thank you...I hope I do as well. Which team do you coach in our division?

No where in any of my posts did I mention our panel when I made my comment. Why does the idea that people with in the industry can have conversations at an event surprise you. The judges are not sequestered in their rooms during the weekend or locked down in the GCC. They are out and about and have friends and conversations over dinner and such.

I never implied anything about Rock Star and their win. I just chimed in on another post.

Congratulations on your win and your bid.

No where in any of my posts did I mention our panel when I made my comment. Why does the idea that people with in the industry can have conversations at an event surprise you. The judges are not sequestered in their rooms during the weekend or locked down in the GCC. They are out and about and have friends and conversations over dinner and such.

I never implied anything about Rock Star and their win. I just chimed in on another post.

Congratulations on your win and your bid.

It doesn't surpise me, however it is commonly known in this industry that while at an event, Judges are not supposed to discuss anything about judging from that event. I know this because I ran events for 10 years, and since your screen name says WCDad, I assume you are a Parent. So, that's why it suprised me that you heard from a judge at the event about a situation from that event.

I'm sorry, but I believe event producers, amd judges, should not be having any kind of discussions about the competition with anyone other than with other judges or the event producers. I've heard rumors of Jamfest reps having dinner and hanging with certain teams. Now it may mean nothing, but it sure looks bad in certain situations. Judges and event producers need to realize how others interpret their actions.

Well I'm a coach of the team that won that division, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that is not what was told to me by the Cheersport offiicial. Maybe you would like to share with us all who told you that; because since we were the team in first by 25 points, and after the change, we were in first by 15 points, one would think they would have told me this tidbit :)

You were still ahead and you still won, does it really even matter now? The question was about Pink's score, regardless of whether they reviewed the whole division or just Pink, what does it really matter? You didn't lose points, you didn't get moved to 2nd place. No one at any point in this whole conversation has said that Rock Star didn't deserve to win. They did say that Pink didn't deserve the low score and their coaches asked for a review of the routine and the division. I'm sure that you would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed.

You were still ahead and you still won, does it really even matter now? The question was about Pink's score, regardless of whether they reviewed the whole division or just Pink, what does it really matter? You didn't lose points, you didn't get moved to 2nd place. No one at any point in this whole conversation has said that Rock Star didn't deserve to win. They did say that Pink didn't deserve the low score and their coaches asked for a review of the routine and the division. I'm sure that you would have done the same thing if the situation was reversed.

Once again, if you go back and read the whole thread you will see that it's just a matter of being told the truth. It has nothing to do with winning. It has everything to do with knowing what happened. How many other coaches would like to know out there what goes on when scores are changed after the results are posted. Every coach in that division just wants to be told why it was done and what was the process. I was told one thing by Cheersport, which I now believe to be the truth. It has nothing to do with winning, or deserving to win. It's the principle..

Back