All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

scores only matter within the division though. Who cares how the other division is scoring. It has no effect on your placement, or receiving of bids.
it matters because you will be might facing these teams again in the future ( especially level 5 worlds teams ), and a smart coach would want to know how they stack up score wise with all the teams in attendance in their division.

why score higher? its the same score sheet.

It's still judged by humans though. One set of judges may be more strict/lenient than another. There shouldn't be a huge discrepancy between panels, but there definitely is going to be one. The judges' job is to rank the teams within a division in the proper order... This doesn't mean that you can easily compare the scores of this division to a separate one.

it matters because you will be might facing these teams again in the future ( especially level 5 worlds teams ), and a smart coach would want to know how they stack up score wise with all the teams in attendance in their division.
but unless they're scored by the same panel, you wouldn't know how they stack up regardless. The only way to get a true sense would be to be judged by the same panel.

You cannot compare sm sr 1 & 2 scores at all. The 2 different panels are scoring completely different. I'm at the competition and watched both divisions both days and the scores in division 1 are substantially lower then they should be

True I agree with this. Not sure if this will make sense but... If D1 was (in general) scored lower than D2, at least those teams were all scored similarly. What I mean is in relation to all other D1 teams, every team in D1 was scored reasonably or in a similar way. Sure D2 scored were higher overall, but in relation to other D2 teams, they made sense. Well actually I haven't seen day 2 or final scores. This makes sense in my head haha.

but unless they're scored by the same panel, you wouldn't know how they stack up regardless. The only way to get a true sense would be to be judged by the same panel.
why cant competitions have fair judging where judges on all panels score the same?

why cant competitions have fair judging where judges on all panels score the same?

I don't think the judging has been unfair. The panels are scoring the same. One might be a lower scoring panel, but they're all judging the same things. As long as they're in range of each other, there's no big deal. It would be much harder to get scoring right if there's 25 in a division than the splits they have now. One panel has no effect on another. It doesn't hurt the teams chances at getting a bid being in one division over the other.

I don't think the judging has been unfair. The panels are scoring the same. One might be a lower scoring panel, but they're all judging the same things. As long as they're in range of each other, there's no big deal. It would be much harder to get scoring right if there's 25 in a division than the splits they have now. One panel has no effect on another. It doesn't hurt the teams chances at getting a bid being in one division over the other.

THIS is what I was trying to say hahaha

Back