All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i kinda feel bad for lime considering they will not be attending NCA and this was like their national competition!

loveee green though and i do think they deserved it this weekend!

Can I just say for the videos that I watched- I LOVE the background this year. It looks so pretty, that is all.

And to people complaining about scoring: Cheersport couldn't have gotten to 900 team attendance if it wasn't a good competition. Are there going to be hiccups? You've got 900 teams- of COURSE there will be hiccups. But if you're reading the scoresheet (or watched the video), this isn't rocket science. You also don't get scored as well for doing skills not in your level. For level 5-that includes full-ups to two feet.

Can I just say for the videos that I watched- I LOVE the background this year. It looks so pretty, that is all.

And to people complaining about scoring: Cheersport couldn't have gotten to 900 team attendance if it wasn't a good competition. Are there going to be hiccups? You've got 900 teams- of COURSE there will be hiccups. But if you're reading the scoresheet (or watched the video), this isn't rocket science. You also don't get scored as well for doing skills not in your level. For level 5-that includes full-ups to two feet.

who ( what team ) was your last comment directed at?

There's been a lot of complaints...but to be honest, it comes off as sour grapes. I think she's just pointing that out. Sometimes the other team wins, and not because it's an accident or a mistake, but because on that day, in that arena, on that scoresheet...they were better.

Just in general. I don't know everyone's stunt sequences/routines by heart, so I was just using it as an example as something that many people forget is out-of-level (and therefore won't score as well). I think that's one factor people aren't considering when they're complaining about how scoring 'sucks'. It may not be everyone's 'ideal' scoresheet, but they made it perfectly clear IN ADVANCE as to how things would run. I'm still so confused about the hullabaloo.

Side Note: Dear Varsity. Cheersport is hosting a Championship with over 900 teams. It's kinda a big deal. You do not even have a little blurb about it on your website. Thought you might have forgotten.

Just in general. I don't know everyone's stunt sequences/routines by heart, so I was just using it as an example as something that many people forget is out-of-level (and therefore won't score as well). I think that's one factor people aren't considering when they're complaining about how scoring 'sucks'. It may not be everyone's 'ideal' scoresheet, but they made it perfectly clear IN ADVANCE as to how things would run. I'm still so confused about the hullabaloo.
the fact is though that the judging is inconsistent there, the judges are all using the score sheet in a different way. It is ONE score sheet, that should be used in ONE way, not the way judge X thinks it should be used over judge Y.

the fact is though that the judging is inconsistent there, the judges are all using the score sheet in a different way. It is ONE score sheet, that should be used in ONE way, not the way judge X thinks it should be used over judge Y.

.. I'm sorrry if this comes off as rude, but cheerleading is a SUBJECTIVE sport (part of the reason some people don't see it as one in the first place). Subjective = opinion... I know we all want it to be cut and dry "this = scores this on the scoresheet, etc" but it will never be that way based on the way cheerleading runs, and how creativity with stunts, and tumbling is at an all time high..as long as there are different panels, they won't always match up.

this is a cheersport day 2 thread, not an update only thread. there has been result only threads in the past, i suggest you make one if you want to look solely on that.

I'm sure most of the poeple logging on here right now aren't looking for drama, they're looking for results.
Updates on results.. sorrry, my bad.

Back