All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

.. I'm sorrry if this comes off as rude, but cheerleading is a SUBJECTIVE sport (part of the reason some people don't see it as one in the first place). Subjective = opinion... I know we all want it to be cut and dry "this = scores this on the scoresheet, etc" but it will never be that way based on the way cheerleading runs, and how creativity with stunts, and tumbling is at an all time high..as long as there are different panels, they won't always match up.
you just explained the faults of the judging panel. its not right how scoring goes down, it should be cut and dry, but its not and thats a major reason why many teams get screwed over.

Spesaking of updates......where are the large jr 5 results?

Couldn't make it to awards and the finals aren't posted yet. But from what I saw, I could see SJS taking it. Loved Unity but they dropped a couple. FCA Rubies hit, but I think SJS just did something else for me. No idea what, but they were on point. This is just solely my opinion though haha

i dont know if u guys have already talked about large senior finial results but if u did im sorry, but anyways im kind of socked, FAME got 4th :(

I think what some people are confused with as far as scoring goes is that cheersport uses deductions out the butt yet the teams with deductions are still scoring so much higher then teams who hit. In several divisions teams that didn't hit won. Now I know that there are other ways of making up for the deductions, but teams that were beat have just as much difficulty and hit a better routine. It is what it is and is not worth arguing over, I just feel that is what confuses people. Look at FAME Super Seniors, they hit their stunts and still got 4th place when Marlins and FCA dropped. The difficulty between the 3 teams isn't that different. It goes back to yesterday when I was commenting to the huge differences in scores between teams. It just seems off. Some divisions seemed to favor the clean routines and others went for difficulty.

I personally won't lose sleep over the results, but I can see where people are confused with some of the outcomes. I thought cheersport was about the best routine winning, well I don't consider several mistakes the best routine.

As for differences in division splits. I don't see how there can be that big of a difference when the same scoresheet is used.

i dont know if u guys have already talked about large senior finial results but if u did im sorry, but anyways im kind of socked, FAME got 4th :(
If you look at just the day 2 scores, FAME, FCA and Tsunami were really close. FAME had a great day, but missed some skills due to the injury so that probably cost them. I am so excited for them though, and they should be thrilled with their performance. I can't wait to see them at Battle! I think large senior there will be F5, CEA, Tsunami, Fame, and things are getting really interesting :)

Just got home so I have no clue what happened today except for what I have seen in terms of final results. I neeed to say how proud I am of my New England teams
Pro Athletics.. Mini 1, Youth 2, Junior 4
Sparks.. Youth 2
ECE.. Senior Hip hop, open 6

ALLL FIRST PLACE AND THE NIGHT IS STILL YOUNG :p Congrats to all!

pro junior 4 got second. but they were amazing both days!

This is the last I am going to comment on this because I forgot to add it to my last post:

You can look at the IO5 division and see what I am talking about. Yesterday when scores first came out it had Killers beating Pink by 25pts (give or take some) which is a HUGE difference to me because Pink's routine, in my opinion, was more difficult. I understand they didn't hit so give them a some deductions, but the difference in scores should not have been that much. Killers have a GREAT routine and I really enjoy watching it, but their stunts are not as difficult as Pink's stunts and they still beat them today after Pink hit just as well as they did because they ended up being so far ahead after day 1. *By the way i'm not saying Killer's shouldn't have won because i would have hated to have had to pick a winner, I am talking about how the scores had such a huge gap* I just don't understand how teams in the same division doing routines that are just as jam packed are scoring with such big differences in numbers. I am also not going to pretend to be a scoresheet expert, I am only commenting on what I see from videos and results.

Either they are going to go for the difficult routine or the clean one, but they can't have both and just alternate it between divisions.

Back