All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That is what I thought all weekend. If a team hit a perfect routine and was in 2nd place after day one but was down by 20 pts then on day 2 the team that was beating them got 2 points in deductions and the other team still hit perfect, because of the huge gap they still wouldn't have won. I have just never seen scores that had that big of a gap between places.

I saw plenty of other divisions that ended up a lot closer than that. So maybe in those cases, the judges, for whatever reason, thought the first place team was that much better. It does happen.

As a long-time soccer referee, one of my personal pet peeves is any sport is complaining about the officials. Yeah, judges or referees get things wrong sometimes. But unless there's clear evidence of incorrect judging or outright chicanery, I chalk up most of these types of complaints to griping for the sake of griping. It generally doesn't do a lot of good.

imo...its how big the gaps are....in all my years of coaching i have never seen a competition where the first place team is beating the 3 place team by 50 points....when all top 3 teams were really good.... with little to no deductions.....i heard a ton of coaches saying that the gaps in some divisions were huge!!! mini 1 division 2, mini 2 division 1, mini 2 division 2 and youth 2 division 2....are just a few examples...not disagreeing with the rankings...just wow...how could anyone come back the 2nd day when they are down by 30 points.....jmo

I was thinking the same thing... Maybe I don't have enough of an understanding of the scoring system, but these 30 and 40 point gaps seem very insurmountable regardless of how the teams do the next day. Hmm. It was kind of strange to see teams finishing 100+ points behind the leaders. But I suppose if both days are scored this way (with huge gaps), then it works out fine.

And it stinks they ran out of jackets :( There has to be a better way of doing it so that the teams with the late award ceremonies don't get shut out. A jacket in the mail doesn't have the same effect.

Large Senior 4 Division 1

Final Results

RankTeamFinal Total
1Central Jersey All-Stars838
2Rockstar Cheer The Red Hot Chili Peppers836.5
3Rocket Elite All Stars Senior 4822
4Spirit Factor All Stars Senior Turquoise821.5
5Outlaws Allstars811
6Cheer Extreme Raleigh810
7ALLSTAR Panthers Chrome788
8Midwest Cheer Elite Toledo769
9ACE Lady Outlaws767.5

wow just took me forever to get through this!
Awesome job to Orange on their bid despite a fall!! They still deserved it.
SOO HAPPY that CEA SSX got their paid bid :) LOVE them!
and congrats to all the New England teams for doing well down there!! You represented us well :)

I saw plenty of other divisions that ended up a lot closer than that. So maybe in those cases, the judges, for whatever reason, thought the first place team was that much better. It does happen.

As a long-time soccer referee, one of my personal pet peeves is any sport is complaining about the officials. Yeah, judges or referees get things wrong sometimes. But unless there's clear evidence of incorrect judging or outright chicanery, I chalk up most of these types of complaints to griping for the sake of griping. It generally doesn't do a lot of good.

that is so true...but its hard for 9 year old girls to understand why no matter how great you girls do...with at 30 lead...you are staying in whatever place your in....i don't think its the judging....more of the judging system....i had to teams in some of those "there is no way in hell you are gonna win" and i was happy because they did get 3 and not last....and my gym had other teams where there was 7 points that seperated 1st to 5th and those were the fun divisions to watch because it could have gone to anyone....i just wish there was a way to make all the judges panels more consistant.....but that's just me

it wasnt hailey, and sapphire looked awesome possible bobble or two though
do you happen to know if it was Hailey? :/
Thanks. I know she fell earlier today and I wanted to make sure that she stayed up for Spice. :)

I thought we all agreed that we wouldn't be singling any athlete out. I know neither of you meant any harm, but it's best to just keep the discussion of routine mistakes by a specific athlete to pm's. Like I said, I know neither of you mean any harm, but put yourself in the shoes of a 12 or 13 year old girl who is being put under that amount of pressure in that situation. Had the situation turned out differently, the last thing you want to be reminded of is how you think you cost your team the jackets, even if there were other mistakes. And that goes for the person who singled her out earlier too, after green's routine! We are all fortunate that Level5Mom let's us admire her daughter's talent, so let's not bite the hand that feeds us!

I thought we all agreed that we wouldn't be singling any athlete out. I know neither of you meant any harm, but it's best to just keep the discussion of routine mistakes by a specific athlete to pm's. Like I said, I know neither of you mean any harm, but put yourself in the shoes of a 12 or 13 year old girl who is being put under that amount of pressure in that situation. Had the situation turned out differently, the last thing you want to be reminded of is how you think you cost your team the jackets, even if there were other mistakes. And that goes for the person who singled her out earlier too, after green's routine! We are all fortunate that Level5Mom let's us admire her daughter's talent, so let's not bite the hand that feeds us!
i agree 100% with what you said... but you could have done alot of it in a PM yourself, now it just makes it a little worse because it looks like you have to defend her and more people are conversing about it, and you bring up losing jackets for a team....
best thing to so would have been to make ur statement about not singling people out, but also PMing the individual people with their mistake that did.

Large Coed 4 Results:

RankTeamFinal Total
1Aviator All-Star Cheerleading Rockets860.5
2East Celebrity Elite858
3Georgia Allstars Versace844
4ICE Passion837.5
5Cheer Extreme Kernersville835
6GymTyme Senior Silver822.5
7Prodigy Allstars Platinum811
8Gulf Breeze Rage797.5
9Cheer Force One Stealth796.5
10Pro Cheer Allstars790
11Extreme All Starz788
12Premier Clayton Shockers Sirius786
13Midwest Cheer Elite Cougars784
14Trilogy758.5
15Cowboy Cheer Sharpshooters707.5

Yea it was ridiculous and inconsistent. Don't have to explain, it just was. I won two jackets so I'm not complaining personally but I saw some questionable stuff in some of the worlds divisions. Small senior and semi are just a couple.

I just watched aviator all stars large coed 4... they were a very good team but i'm a little confused as to how they won when they have something illegal in their pyramid? In level 4 you're supposed to be braced by both sides when you do a flip right?

1 - fca sapphires
2 - elmwood galaxy
3 - south jersey
4 - acx
5 - acx
6 - extreme all starz
7 - cea raliegh
8 - desoto starz
9 - cheermania
10 - buffalo envy & middle georgia tie
12 - rocket elite
13 - maryland superstarz

Actually SJS 4.2 got 2nd. And ACX Columbia 4.2 got 3rd. I don't know what Elmwood Galaxy got.

I just watched aviator all stars large coed 4... they were a very good team but i'm a little confused as to how they won when they have something illegal in their pyramid? In level 4 you're supposed to be braced by both sides when you do a flip right?

were the bracers back to back? sometimes you can't see the second bracer when they're like that

PS- I've never known pain like this. My feet ache from doing nothing but walking for these 2 days.

Thanks to everyone I saw at Cheersport for making my birthday so special =)

Back