All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would they have received one of the paid bids with a score like that?
I doubt their score would be the same since it would be a different judging panel and Sr Open 5 would be scored differently than Small Limited. We won't know if they would've scored high enough for a paid bid since they choose to go for the easier win but I'm sure they would've done very well in small limited. I just didn't think it was all that fair to the other Sr Open squads. Their Sr Open as a stepping stone to be a true successful Sr level 5 squad and not quite having what it takes to enter a worlds division. While C4 has already proven that they're good enough by winning first at Battle and being rewarded with a bid.

C4 Sr Open 5 really should've competed small limited since they have a worlds bid and are planning on going to worlds. I love C4 but I thought that was kinda wrong of them to drop down like that.

yeah, definitely :( :mad:

And I agree with the person who said we shouldn't call out individual children and ask if their stunt fell. But honestly, if those close to a child (family/teammates) put her name out there for all to know, what can you expect? Other kids may look for this specific child in her routine and really be interested in knowing if SHE hits or misses (as opposed to simply caring if the team itself hits or misses). I doubt the person who asked if this child's stunt fell meant any harm.

I think we all need to appreciate the event that just went on this weekend. 900+ teams, almost 2000 videos and very, very few hiccups, placements make sense (even if you disagree with score ranges, placements pretty much were accurate across the board which is no easy feat with 900 teams) with a very solid deduction system in place, the event ran smoothly and on time, awards were reasonable (unlike JamFest Indy...seriously, Jammy needs ta go), almost 2000 videos were posted with very little issue, results were posted VERY quickly and efficiently. Cheersport made the event enjoyable for those there and for those of us chillin' on our living room couches wishing we were.

Hats off to Cheersport. Y'all kick bootay.

does anyone know what happened to stingrays lime center flyer? she performed saturday it looks like but not today shes an amazing flyer

In warmups, she blew out her knee. They pushed the performance back 12 minutes and put in a flyer from green. Nicole was carried to the front of the stage to watch her team before going to the emergency room.

I think we all need to appreciate the event that just went on this weekend. 900+ teams, almost 2000 videos and very, very few hiccups, placements make sense (even if you disagree with score ranges, placements pretty much were accurate across the board which is no easy feat with 900 teams) with a very solid deduction system in place, the event ran smoothly and on time, awards were reasonable (unlike JamFest Indy...seriously, Jammy needs ta go), almost 2000 videos were posted with very little issue, results were posted VERY quickly and efficiently. Cheersport made the event enjoyable for those there and for those of us chillin' on our living room couches wishing we were.

when you sending them your resume?

C4 Sr Open 5 really should've competed small limited since they have a worlds bid and are planning on going to worlds. I love C4 but I thought that was kinda wrong of them to drop down like that.

it's because they're having to get a girl to not compete for worlds. they didn't let her compete at battle so that they could try for a bid. they're letting her finish the season until they get to their last competition which is Clash of the Titans (allstar challenge) so she won't compete for that or worlds. i feel sorry for her :/

Cheersport becomes less about hitting when no one is hitting and the majority of teams in the division have 3+ deductions. It's not hard to get a deduction here. Also... Many teams can afford a deduction if the opponent doesn't max out and hit the scoresheet...

I think we all need to appreciate the event that just went on this weekend. 900+ teams, almost 2000 videos and very, very few hiccups, placements make sense (even if you disagree with score ranges, placements pretty much were accurate across the board which is no easy feat with 900 teams) with a very solid deduction system in place, the event ran smoothly and on time, awards were reasonable (unlike JamFest Indy...seriously, Jammy needs ta go), almost 2000 videos were posted with very little issue, results were posted VERY quickly and efficiently. Cheersport made the event enjoyable for those there and for those of us chillin' on our living room couches wishing we were. o

My opinion to your post is if a Senior Level 5 team video was left off, it would be a big deal. But since it has only been pointed out that it was the younger divisions it is no big deal because they had so many videos that were posted in a timely manner. Well, I would like to throw in my perspective, I am sitting at a military base overseas and I paid to watch these videos as I could not personally attend the competition. I would at least like to see the videos in the division I am interested in. The only reason I paid was to see the mini and youth divisions, perhaps I should ask for a refund?

Just like it is easy to say that "most" of the girls who earned jackets got jackets, why should the ones who had to go without their earned jacket complain since "most" got them and it was such a large competition.... good job CheerSport for meeting "most" of what was expected of you. I could only imagine those cheerleaders disappointment to walk away with no jacket after earning them.

2 points on scoring. (and I am not close to a scoring expert this is just what I have learned by reading and talking with coaches and judges)

People don't always realize how much a deduction system can hurt you. Say you bobble 2 stunts on a small team. You get a 2 point deduction for each, but then you also lost points on execution and overall impression in that section of the scoresheet. What if you add a tumble bust? These cen easily add up to the 30 point differentials that people are talking about.

The thought that two judging panels would score exactly the same can only work if there is a set score for each skill. Example: stretch to stretch high tic-toc is 9.9 but lib to stretch is worth 9.6. That would be the set score and subjectively rather than objectively set the max if executed correctly. Right now there are lots of scoring ranges for skills and of course the ever-present overall impression score, so it's easy for those ranges to add up to differentials between judging panels.

Feel free to fix my understanding if I am wrong

My opinion to your post is if a Senior Level 5 team video was left off, it would be a big deal. But since it has only been pointed out that it was the younger divisions it is no big deal because they had so many videos that were posted in a timely manner. Well, I would like to throw in my perspective, I am sitting at a military base overseas and I paid to watch these videos as I could not personally attend the competition. I would at least like to see the videos in the division I am interested in. The only reason I paid was to see the mini and youth divisions, perhaps I should ask for a refund?

Just like it is easy to say that "most" of the girls who earned jackets got jackets, why should the ones who had to go without their earned jacket complain since "most" got them and it was such a large competition.... good job CheerSport for meeting "most" of what was expected of you. I could only imagine those cheerleaders disappointment to walk away with no jacket after earning them.

the original poster was not speaking directly to you. her post was in response to the disgruntled posts that have overwhelmed the boards since last week. everyone is complaining about the smallest facets of the competition: schedules, division splits, performance times, scoring, videos, jackets. as a moderator, poster was merely trying to remind everyone to focus on what is most important... that the competition went on without a hitch (mostly) and there are 1800+ performances to discuss.

Back