All-Star Cheersport Point Deduction Judge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
It says on the Cheersport web site that the Point Deduction Judge uses Dartfish software to ensure correct point deduction. Does anyone on here know how Dartfish works?

It's the website they put all the routine videos on. The judge will review the videos to ensure correct deductions are given!

I get all that, but how does he "tag" the errors and then go back and review them.

Last year we could press a button that would put a bookmark on the video a couple seconds prior to where we hit it. It would make it so we could go directly to that spot of the video so we could make sure we saw what we thought we saw.

Last year we could press a button that would put a bookmark on the video a couple seconds prior to where we hit it. It would make it so we could go directly to that spot of the video so we could make sure we saw what we thought we saw.

so each judge watched EACH routine more than once? or was it just used for clarifications on some routines?

so each judge watched EACH routine more than once? or was it just used for clarifications on some routines?

Last year I'm pretty sure only the deduction and rules judge could watch something again. I did deductions, sitting next to the rules judge, and I don't remember any of the other judges looking at anything on video. Dartfish definitely wasn't used to allow all the judges to re-watch routines, but there could have been a couple times when a judge re-watched something for clarification.

After the deductions and rules judges re-watch the tagged clips they can remove the tag if they decide there wasn't a deduction. If they decide there is a deduction the video clip is sent to a room staffed by Cheersport's rules guru Julie Obrien for a final review before the deduction is taken from your score.

From what I've been told, and I'm not judging this year so I don't know for sure, all of the deductions (not rules) judges this year will be full time Cheersport staff that have received a lot of training on what should and shouldn't be taken as a deduction. This should make deductions very consistent across arenas.

I actually REALLY like this idea. I think having to view a routine and then look down and write on paper (noting the time and type and severity) of the deduction is inefficient and causes a lot of mistakes. So this idea of pressing a button when the infraction happens and it gives you a 5 second review window or something of before and after the mistake to see if you really saw it makes sense. You either confirm AND have a video record for the coach later, or dismiss once you review. Doesn't mean that is how this would exactly work, but this is hands down the best idea for how to handle deductions.

I like this format for reviewing. I know that safety judges have video replay to review to be sure, etc. But none are that easy. I LOVE it and wish ALL companies would use it for the safety and deductions judges. It's easy, efficient and sounds like a great format.

I like this format for reviewing. I know that safety judges have video replay to review to be sure, etc. But none are that easy. I LOVE it and wish ALL companies would use it for the safety and deductions judges. It's easy, efficient and sounds like a great format.

And, it helps eliminate human error. It's like footballs instant replay. You can't create a call out of nothing, but review calls you made in case they are wrong.

GREAT idea. I feel it will help determine who truely deserves to win! Good Luck Everyone!

I am not sure if it will determine who truly deserves to win. But maybe make sure is judged fairly on a deduction side of things.

Back