All-Star Cja's Cheer Season 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was the pilot episode that Lifetime aired for the show. Didn't end up being aired as a full series by them. CMT bought the show and aired it as Cheer.

I'm kind of glad, while the pilot may be more entertaining to some the show is what made me really start loving cheerleading. When I first clicked on the video I thought it was just a well done parody, the let's go b!tches in the first few seconds would have turned me off immediately to this show. So happy we ended up getting Cheer instead, I could only imagine what Lifetime would have done I mean looked at Dance Moms and some of their other shows.

Has everyone seen the first show on Lifetime?

I just finished watching the pilot episodes and actually liked this show,,, I think, 'Cheer' that was shown on CMT toned down the profanity, but I think I preferred this show because it showed more of the girls and hearing more about how they were feeling, as opposed to Patty Ann telling us everything, the cheerleaders in Jersey Cheer are more 3 dimensional, as opposed to just seen practicing and competing... In the pilot episodes, I enjoyed most, watching Jackie at her Sweet 16th party, Lexi's dilemma with her parents and Gina and her off screen relationship with her Mom... But the fact that my daughter is African-American and they had a Captain on the squad who was AA, I was most concerned with wanting to hear her ideas of AS cheerleading or her life outside the gym like the other girls mentioned... I noticed even in the CMT program the lack of a backstory for the AA cheerleaders on the show too...:(
PS: btw, I taped every episode and planned to stored them forever, because when you look at the CMT Cheer episodes, when they scanned the gym and you see the other teams practicing and watching, you can see my cp intently watching in the background - she was around 8 or 9 and that was her 1st year ever cheering...Just wanted to mention that trivial info...;)

I just finished watching the pilot episodes and actually liked this show,,, I think, 'Cheer' that was shown on CMT toned down the profanity, but I think I preferred this show because it showed more of the girls and hearing more about how they were feeling, as opposed to Patty Ann telling us everything, the cheerleaders in Jersey Cheer are more 3 dimensional, as opposed to just seen practicing and competing... In the pilot episodes, I enjoyed most, watching Jackie at her Sweet 16th party, Lexi's dilemma with her parents and Gina and her off screen relationship with her Mom... But the fact that my daughter is African-American and they had a Captain on the squad who was AA, I was most concerned with wanting to hear her ideas of AS cheerleading or her life outside the gym like the other girls mentioned... I noticed even in the CMT program the lack of a backstory for the AA cheerleaders on the show too...:(
PS: btw, I taped every episode and planned to stored them forever, because when you look at the CMT Cheer episodes, when they scanned the gym and you see the other teams practicing and watching, you can see my cp intently watching in the background - she was around 8 or 9 and that was her 1st year ever cheering...Just wanted to mention that trivial info...;)

I hate to say it this way but being AA and seeing the diversity on f5 was one of the reasons I love them some much. I wish more of the cheer shows would focus alittle more on some AA instead of who is more tan and have better abs.

QUOTE="icequeen, post: 886709, member: 763"]I hate to say it this way but being AA and seeing the diversity on f5 was one of the reasons I love them some much. I wish more of the cheer shows would focus alittle more on some AA instead of who is more tan and have better abs.[/QUOTE]

You know icequeen, I have quite a few of my friends and posters on this message board who said the same thing about f5 and why they love them so much...
btw, another thing that bothered me about CMT 'Cheer' program and the lack of diversity, I was at that gym and knew a lot of those athletes,,, and when they did a story with the only AA athlete - Tucker, we get introduced to this young lady as creating drama, as opposed to the great athlete and leader she is/was (aged out)and could and should have been on that level 5 team too:mad:... On that team, btw, still today, there is an AA young lady, who have been their point dancer, great tumbler and jumper for more than 5 years- since 12... but we did not hear anything about her positive accomplishments,,, so in some ways when people are screaming about bringing this show back, I really do not care if this show return because it did not elevate the AA cheerleaders at all and was not diverse enough, considering the makeup of the athletes population at CJA (they also have a lot of great Hispanics athletes too that got overlooked)...:(

Last edited:
Back