All-Star Closed Practices

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There is a cadre of people I've found that division means more to them than level. I totally have never understood them. In their minds a "senior" team is better because it's "senior" and they can be with all the older kids...which somehow in their mind makes them think their kid is better. There are also ones that seem to buy into this mentality and want to get their kid "away" from all the "babies." If they're on a senior team than that means they're amazing.

This same group of people don't get that if you have a senior lv 4 and a youth lv 4 that the YOUTH team is stacked with more talent because theyre doing the SAME skills as 18 year olds, but they're 9. They don't like the team because it's "youth" and therefore not as good.

I will never "get" these people. They clearly don't "get" cheer.
I would much rather my child be in an age appropriate division. I can only imagine how much harder it would be to fit in and have fun with a bunch of older kids. Also...I don't really want my 9 year old hanging around listening to some of the things that older kids talk about. Just. Too. Much.

There is a cadre of people I've found that division means more to them than level. I totally have never understood them. In their minds a "senior" team is better because it's "senior" and they can be with all the older kids...which somehow in their mind makes them think their kid is better. There are also ones that seem to buy into this mentality and want to get their kid "away" from all the "babies." If they're on a senior team than that means they're amazing.

This same group of people don't get that if you have a senior lv 4 and a youth lv 4 that the YOUTH team is stacked with more talent because theyre doing the SAME skills as 18 year olds, but they're 9. They don't like the team because it's "youth" and therefore not as good.

I will never "get" these people. They clearly don't "get" cheer.
I really really wish you weren't telling the truth. However, I've experienced this every year I've been a coach. Drives me batty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I wouldn't want any parents at my high school practices. I just feel like other girls would be too concerned about it. It is a little more intimate than all star though.
But considering drive time and how much all star costs, I think parents should be allowed to stay. Both places I used to tumble had an upstairs deck where parents could watch and then the lobby was glassed in with some chairs. I thought that was perfect and reasonable, and a great view from upstairs to watch everything in the gym. But if I was a coach or owner, I would hate to have parents coaching from the side, I just think that's disrespectful.

Our gym has closed practices on Sunday. No parents allowed in gym. Those teams also practice one night during the week and they are not closed. Sunday practices are very productive....

I really really wish you weren't telling the truth. However, I've experienced this every year I've been a coach. Drives me batty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent more than 20 minutes trying to explain to a mom friend that her CP didn't go down a level when she went from J2 to Y2. She never got it.

Back