All-Star Club Divisions Vs International/open

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm so confused. After reading some threads I see that some people have an open 4.2 team, but I can't find anything anywhere about an open 4.2 division. Can someone please explain this to me? lol
There aren't any International/Open 4.2 teams in the US, but I think there may be some in Europe.

I think GT (and in smaller ways Twist n Shout and Rust) scare people out of the division.

All Girl 6 has NO one compete. You could assemble a team of zombies and get top 3 (basically) but they dont. Why? With all the athletes something is scaring them off.

Because it is difficult to pull off true All Girl 6 stunts and be competitive with GT unless you practice a lot.... or have true all girl 6 experience and not to mention you need the right size girls as well imo

Because it is difficult to pull off true All Girl 6 stunts and be competitive with GT unless you practice a lot.... or have true all girl 6 experience and not to mention you need the right size girls as well imo

Or compete and go get 2nd cause no one else is in the division?

I think a lot of gyms don't have the numbers for 2 teams and as soon as you get 1 boy - you're coed.

I think a lot of it has to do with commitment, cost etc, for forming an all girl open 6 team and be anywhere close to being at GymTymes or ECE's caliber. A lot of girls arn't fresh off of a sr 5 team (honestly...i feel like a majority never were) partly because alot of those girls go it an IO5 team to continue with there skills and the high level of competition, and others (like me) who love to compete but took mucho time off from cheerleading and want to get back into it. Its hard, even if you were a super amazing lvl5 athlete, to brush the rust off and compete like you used to back in the day. I think it would be cool to see maybe a 6.4 division (talked about in another thread) Because I LOVE lvl 6 stunts/tosses/pyamids, but u wont catch me doing a full anytime soon!

I think a lot of it has to do with commitment, cost etc, for forming an all girl open 6 team and be anywhere close to being at GymTymes or ECE's caliber. A lot of girls arn't fresh off of a sr 5 team (honestly...i feel like a majority never were) partly because alot of those girls go it an IO5 team to continue with there skills and the high level of competition, and others (like me) who love to compete but took mucho time off from cheerleading and want to get back into it. Its hard, even if you were a super amazing lvl5 athlete, to brush the rust off and compete like you used to back in the day. I think it would be cool to see maybe a 6.4 division (talked about in another thread) Because I LOVE lvl 6 stunts/tosses/pyamids, but u wont catch me doing a full anytime soon!

ECE's International 6 team probably isn't going to Worlds this year. They're competing for the first time next weekend. It's hard to keep a team like that going.

Back