All-Star Cnn's Cheer Segment Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought CNN did a very fair job!! My cp and I really enjoyed it. I can't believe all of the negative reaction to Maddie!! Can we please remember we are talking a very young girl . Just imagine all of the pressure she is and was under and remember she did not choose the spotlight, the spotlight came to her. I believe she represented herself, her team and the sport we all love very well. She's a class act!

I usually dont get too involved in threads but this one is really rubbing me the wrong way. We could all sit here and nit pick this interview and segment to death about what Maddie said and what she didnt and what they didnt show and what they did but at the end of the day, no matter who was interviewed or what team it was, CNN did a great job. The only thing I wished I could have seen was more! We as a cheerleading community have thrust Maddie into this spotlight as a cheerlebrity and by doing so have made her a top choice to be interviewed.I wouldnt have cared who they interviewed from whatever team but I personally think she handled the situation and interviews with poise and was a very great representative of the team and the sport . The point of this was to highlight the athleticism and emotion and dedication and hard work that goes into all star cheerleading and it did just that. We as a cheerleading community face the challenge everyday of trying to change people minds about wether or not cheerleading is a sport and hopefully this segment helped with that.

Rant over :)

I don't think we need to draw out this point and I don't think anyone should have mentioned individual's girls reactions to the segment. Fair enough to say their were disappointing reactions and even if you are upset about something, you should learn when and where to voice your unfiltered opinion.

i dont want to start drama and keep this going much longer but i wasnt able to see what she wrote and after reading everything on here im really curious. can anyone tell me what she said?
Since the post is now gone I dont wanna paraphrase it but it was not friendly

Let's try and not focus on any one person or their reaction. People can choose to make this personal in their own forum. Try not add to it on here.

There are bigger issues like how CNN did a positive piece, some things they may have been able to do better, and how can the sport do a better job of having an image that doesn't take a 15 minute segment to partially understand
Apologies, didn't mean to start anything. Just found it interesting.

I think regardless of who you support, you have to admit the segment was an actual representation of the sport. The general public doesnt know about the "teal" army or the "gold" army, we should take a lesson from them. Push aside petty feelings and just be happy that cheerleading in general is getting good press.

All I know is that it is a segment on all star cheer that I would be pleased to have family and friends watch that think our participation in all star cheerleading is over-the-top. I don't point out cheer programs to them, but I wish I had on this one.

sorry everyone. i watched it again, shouldnt have said what i said. i just got mad within the first few minutes and didnt give the show an actual chance and didnt think about what i was saying while i was saying it on here.

but now that i've watched it, it was an excellent documentary. sorry for coming off as rude, i'm not usually like that. i think they should do it again sometime!

I just want to express how sadden I am to see girls in the same gym tweeting and re-tweeting horrible, rude things about their teammates. I am not just talking about girls on Senior Elite, but girls on other teams in the gym. I have no affiliation with CEA, but I know that Courtney Smith-Pope considers and wants the athletes in that gym to feel like family. Watching girls bash each other is terrible. Maybe it's a teenager thing, but I just am shocked and disappointed by all the hate and jealously, versus support.

Okay so I apologize about posting on here what Juliet tweeted. I didn't mean for Juliet to be put in a bad light. So to Juliet I say sorry

I just want to express how sadden I am to see girls in the same gym tweeting and re-tweeting horrible, rude things about their teammates. I am not just talking about girls on Senior Elite, but girls on other teams in the gym. I have no affiliation with CEA, but I know that Courtney Smith-Pope considers and wants the athletes in that gym to feel like family. Watching girls bash each other is terrible. Maybe it's a teenager thing, but I just am shocked and disappointed by all the hate and jealously, versus support.

I agree. The girls on SSX have been absolutely cruel about it on twitter. Which is ridiculous because they should be proud to have their segment on the CNN website.

Back