All-Star Cnn's Cheer Segment Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's on again at 11 pm eastern if anyone missed it and wanted to watch it! Overall I thought this was really well done. I got a little heartbroken watching the SE day two routine ( it makes me cringe everytime) but all in all a very positive and true look into the cheerleading world. Props to CNN on this one!

I liked it, but at the same time didn't. I know it was suppose to be like a "follow around" thing with Maddie but the fact that she kept saying "I" instead of team made me mad. But all in all I really did like it and I hope thy do these types of things with other teams but I hope they focus on the whole team and not just one person.

It was obviously going to be centered around 1 person. We knew that all along. All specials like this focus on 1 person. For someone to expect something different is dumb. The SSX special was focused on 1 member.

I thought it was put together very well. Good job, CNN! And thank you for being positive about cheerleading!

It was nicely done...and I know I'm going to get blasted for this....but I wish it wasn't centered around just Maddie. I get that she's a great athlete and all...but there's 35 other girls on that team who work just as hard.

it was okay. they did show allstar cheerleading in a positive way. but I wish they would have at least talked about everything that goes on in routines, like the girls who do the insane tumbling passes, and maybe have talked to a few other girls. I understand that it was about Maddie, but just hearing about her and her saying "I" instead of talking about the team kinda irked me. she did do a good job with the interviews and the talking, but it just kinda made me mad. I know most of us fierceboarders and other cheerleaders know how much work every single one of those 36 girls put in, but now the people who don't cheer or follow cheer won't know because there are worse injuries and there are more complex things.

sorry, just voicing my opinion. overall, good job Maddie.

Definitely one of the better showings about all-star cheerleading. Way to go Cheer Extreme

completely agree. i got chills from the day 2 footage.. & props to maddie for the interview after. i don't think i'd be able to talk to cnn at all after that let alone specifically about the fall. all together i think it was a really good piece & put cheer in a positive light.

It makes me angry that people are bashing the fact that Maddie got spotlighted. I don't see anyone hating on Mikayla from SSX. There are 19 other girls on SSX too, but they cannot possibly talk to every single person on the team, or even just a couple and still have it flow properly.

Stop bashing Maddie just because someone chose to interview her.

Back