All-Star Cnn's Cheer Segment Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is what I think... We need to use this as an opportunity for the Media to make a correlation between HIGH RATINGS when a story is done that sheds us as hard working athletes that are a part of a sport that is legit . When there is a story about 'injuries' or one that shines light on 'make up... uniforms.. cat fights... Cheer is not far off of Toddlers & Tiaras'... bad bad bad publicity, I don't watch it, post anything about it or share it at all...I don't give it any attention.

The rating scales on the right side show this story as being the 5th most popular. There are millions of cheerleaders around the world and if we share this story on facebook and get people to link into their website and watch the promo, it will get millions of views and hopefully we will be the top story.

CNN isn't dumb... they know very few people are checking in for the reasons being discussed by the losers in the comment threads below... They will make the connection and maybe continue to do Stories that are positively promoting us and our sport.

I knew there were going to be the typical haters like "oh the woman should stay in the kitchen" or " haha i guess shopping is a sport too" but im really offended by the nasty vulgar comments. I'm glad that CNN didnt trash cheerleading:) i loved the piece and can't wait for more. I'm also glad SSX got some recognition! "jaws tight, shark bite":D

Honey, we'd be on there all day. I agree, a lot of those comments were utterly disgusting and I spent 5 minutes flagging them - and didn't even get close to the bottom. But on a public site, where people are free to comment, we can't eliminate all the negativity and perverse comments. Not possible.

We want all star to gain more attention, well, hopefully, this is a positive piece that may help get us the recognition we desire. It was a well-done, professional clip of broadcasting, as far as I'm concerned (without having seen the entire segment yet.)

People have their hang-ups and their opinions. Complain to our Founding Fathers about whether or not they can voice them.
Yep, that's true. I didn't notice how many comments there were. It's okay if some people don't think cheerleading is a sport, and I agree that we can't get rid of all of the negativity. It would take forever to flag all of the innapropriate comments, but like you said there are some comments that are really horrible. I wish that they didn't allow people to post those disgusting comments.

It sickens me to read the comments below. I have to keep in mind that those people degrading the sport, are either perverts, pedophiles, or people who have their head so far up their butt that they can not see past the stereotypes. I loved the article and thought it gave great insight, but for now I will just have to look above all of the crude and ridiculous comments.I really wish they would of followed a male cheerleader too. :) I dont think that people realize that cheerleading truly is one of the most diverse sports. Every race, shape, size, gender is represented and can excel in the sport. Their will always be negativity towards cheerleading just as there is towards every other sport.

But like Ive said before, You cant fix ignorant.

I was quite happy with the video...it showed hard work...commitment and good sportsmanship...I agree with Kingston...baby steps are going to get us where we deserve to be....:)

I think the ones that bothered me the most were the "what parent would let their child do this?" or "This is so degrading". I dont know why that upsets me so much. What makes it degrading?! NFL dance is as degrading as it gets! This is not NFL.

mariahnicole1216 said:
I think the ones that bothered me the most were the "what parent would let their child do this?" or "This is so degrading". I dont know why that upsets me so much. What makes it degrading?! NFL dance is as degrading as it gets! This is not NFL.

The joke will be on them when their kids do drugs or get pregnant at 16 bc they're sheltered and bored out of their minds.

Back