All-Star Cnn's Cheer Segment Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is my favorite comment on there:
"Do you consider a person of Scottish decent who wears a kilt at formal events, to be a cross-dresser? It is after all a man in a skirt.

But he is honoring his heritage. Cheerleading uniforms are indicitive of how the activity began, years ago.

Cheerleading is seeing more and more teams compete in shorts, rather than skirts, but as it is a generally young activity it will take some time before the skirts are gone for good.

Still i would take the skirts over the "butts out" leotards of gymnasts, and "cover nothing" costumes of figure skaters.

I find your comments personally offensive, and your obsession with the superficial look of a cheerleader, pathetic.

There are tons of incredibly bright lights on their faces. Without make up, they would look like ghosts. I wore similar make up in my years as a ballerina, for the same reason.

Do you not see the hard work and dedication this girl (and all allstar cheerleaders) puts into this? How much it means to them? The tumbling, jumping, and stunting skills they perform? Or is all you see a skirt and eyeshadow on competition days. Sounds like you're awfully shallow to me.

Instead of criticizing and degrading why don't you just think "good for them."
If it's not your thing, leave it alone. Just like I leave people who are into golf alone."

icheer8796 said:
"Do you consider a person of Scottish decent who wears a kilt at formal events, to be a cross-dresser? It is after all a man in a skirt.

But he is honoring his heritage. Cheerleading uniforms are indicitive of how the activity began, years ago.

Cheerleading is seeing more and more teams compete in shorts, rather than skirts, but as it is a generally young activity it will take some time before the skirts are gone for good.

Still i would take the skirts over the "butts out" leotards of gymnasts, and "cover nothing" costumes of figure skaters.

I find your comments personally offensive, and your obsession with the superficial look of a cheerleader, pathetic.

There are tons of incredibly bright lights on their faces. Without make up, they would look like ghosts. I wore similar make up in my years as a ballerina, for the same reason.

Do you not see the hard work and dedication this girl (and all allstar cheerleaders) puts into this? How much it means to them? The tumbling, jumping, and stunting skills they perform? Or is all you see a skirt and eyeshadow on competition days. Sounds like you're awfully shallow to me.

If it's not your thing, leave it alone. Just like I leave people who are into golf alone."

Please tell me someone from fierceboard posted that

Yeah! @SharkDad I saw Megan a few times! :) Has she seen the clip yet?!

Thanks. No, I just saw it this morning but the team is starting to see it and spread it around.

Besides being about SSX, it really is a pretty good article about Competitive Cheer and Mikayla did a great job. From what I've heard the CNN Presents show will be different but I really don't know that for sure. It's possible they are using the show and online video/article to show different things, but I'd be surprised if they didn't use some of the same footage.

I just LOVE how this video sparked the never ending debate on whether cheer is a sport or not. This video and gym did an amazing job showcasing what we all know is the truth, whether people will admit it or not! Great job SSX :D

I think we should just say that Allstar Cheer is an art form, like people say gymnastics is. Art is better than sports, anyway. And so with that I am going to make a new definition for the word sport. Sport: Anything that invloves chasing a ball around (like my dog does). Haha. So anyone that wants people to consider cheer a sport, just throw a ball in with your routines. Then people will probably watch it and give a crap. lolz. And then in closing here...I just have one thing I want to say to all the haters...just one thing...Shaaaarrrkkkk BITE!!! And I'm done and out. :)

Y'all those are mostly internet trolls who sit at home all day with nothing better to do than to purposefully try to cause controversy. If you feed into it, they'll keep doing it. You'd be amazed at how much it decreases if they weren't replied to...you can especially tell they're trolls by stuff like "now go make me a sandwich". Don't feed the trolls
Amen to that!!!! As long as we feed into the comments, these folks are winning, and they have people right where they want them!!!:banghead: Those of us in the allstar industry know for a Fact that every one of these kids work hard, and have so much Respect for what they do, and we can't change the mind of some person who has nothing better to do but sit around and criticize something that they just don't get, or understand!!!!! Go Allstar cheerleading!!!:fro:

I quit reading those comments, they made me sick, angry and furious!

I kinda feel like going to washington to do a protest march against the discrimination of cheerleaders!

I personally enjoy the person that keeps calling it "extreme cheerleading"

So does anyone know if tomorrows show is JUST the SSX segment ? Or does it also have the segment that was following SE to worlds as well?

Back