All-Star Coa Ultimate International

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

klynn64

Cheer Parent
Feb 25, 2012
Who is attending this competition in Orlando March 25-26th? Any suggestions or advice with respect to the competition or entertainment while in the Orlando area (other than the obvious Theme Parks) ? We hail from the West Coast and this will be our first time attending this competition. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Who is attending this competition in Orlando March 25-26th? Any suggestions or advice with respect to the competition or entertainment while in the Orlando area (other than the obvious Theme Parks) ? We hail from the West Coast and this will be our first time attending this competition. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Huh? In the nicest way possible... why the heck would you fly from cali to attend this comp? isn't it mostly school and rec teams and kind of a rinky dink competition? unless they're making drastic changes this year that's a huge expense for cali families for no benefit that I can see.

Huh? In the nicest way possible... why the heck would you fly from cali to attend this comp? isn't it mostly school and rec teams and kind of a rinky dink competition? unless they're making drastic changes this year that's a huge expense for cali families for no benefit that I can see.
Normally our team attends UCA. However we did not attend this year. And Summit is...well, Summit. It still has some issues relative to stacking etc. which makes it not worth the hassle of attending. So, a lightweight competition done just for fun was chosen. Competitions are always so intense with so many teams from our gym in attendance that our coach seldom has the opportunity to have fun with the team. We will be the only team from our gym in attendance at this competition which will be more relaxed and hopefully enjoyable for the team and the coach.

Normally our team attends UCA. However we did not attend this year. And Summit is...well, Summit. It still has some issues relative to stacking etc. which makes it not worth the hassle of attending. So, a lightweight competition done just for fun was chosen. Competitions are always so intense with so many teams from our gym in attendance that our coach seldom has the opportunity to have fun with the team. We will be the only team from our gym in attendance at this competition which will be more relaxed and hopefully enjoyable for the team and the coach.

Your team not attending the Summit is literally another big Summit issue! The division is so small there and two of the teams attending are local to me. One my daughter's team has beaten at easily at every competition this season (their bid was deferred) and the other they've beaten at all but one. [emoji23] Your team is the one they want to compete against!

Your team not attending the Summit is literally another big Summit issue! The division is so small there and two of the teams attending are local to me. One my daughter's team has beaten at easily at every competition this season (their bid was deferred) and the other they've beaten at all but one.
emoji23.png
Your team is the one they want to compete against!
The strange thing is that we always have multiple opportunities to attend Summit receiving Paid Bids throughout the season. But we never attend Summit so we don't accept the bids. For the first time this year we were told at the beginning of the season that we would attend Summit but only if we received a Paid Bid. We have not received a Paid Bid so we aren't attending. Personally I'd like my CP's team to attend. There is so much good competition on the east coast that we never encounter out west. That is unless they attend NCA, Champions League, or All Star Games. There are many other teams from our gym that will be attending Summit however. Summit will be very different this year with so few paid bids given out and a limited number of teams in attendance. Lots of competition if you are attending D2 though.

I absolutely get the fun, relaxed competition thing.. just not the flying to orlando to do so thing. To each their own, I guess. Hope you guys have a great time!

if anyone who is going is military, there are some pretty decently priced condos just outside of the theme parks. Can't remember the name, but military member should be able to get info from the NAS Jacksonville ITT office. They also have tickets etc.

I absolutely get the fun, relaxed competition thing.. just not the flying to orlando to do so thing. To each their own, I guess. Hope you guys have a great time!
I tend to agree with you. A lot of expense and distance to travel for such a small competition. The coach asked around beforehand and was told this was a good competition to attend. Normally we attend much larger competitions. And we appreciate a lot of good competitors. So, this will be a unique experience. We'll make the most of it and have a lot of fun nonetheless.

I tend to agree with you. A lot of expense and distance to travel for such a small competition. The coach asked around beforehand and was told this was a good competition to attend. Normally we attend much larger competitions. And we appreciate a lot of good competitors. So, this will be a unique experience. We'll make the most of it and have a lot of fun nonetheless.

are you from california allstars?

I just have to laugh at the high school division at this competition. Teams fly all the way to Florida to compete against only teams from their home state. But I guess as long as you can say you won high school nationals....:confused:

I just have to laugh at the high school division at this competition. Teams fly all the way to Florida to compete against only teams from their home state. But I guess as long as you can say you won high school nationals....:confused:
The athletes were so nice and welcoming to the Cali athletes at this competition. There was a lot of good sportsmanship and camaraderie between the teams. Even visiting outside of the competition and exchanging of social media. And so many pictures. Well worth the time and money spent.

Back