Coaches Cheer Bag

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 19, 2015
Hi, we are a brand new cheer/football team. New coaches and kids.

What would you put in the coaches bag to be on the ready when a girl needs something.
Thanks
Cheryl~

Some of the stranger things that I carried the following as a coach and still do as a cheer mom...

A large empty ziploc bag (which can be filled with ice in an emergency.) Sometimes it is easier to just hit snack bar than to wall across an arena for first aid.)

A small glue gun to fix broken bows an elastics . I have used this numerous times!

Pads/tampons, extra socks, disposable nail polish wipes, extra shoelaces, safety pins, highlighter, sharpie, copy of schedule, small flashlight, Mr Clean eraser for dirty sneakers, extra bow, *phone list of athetes AND parents

Tums, advil, tylenol, liquid bandaid, bacitracin, bandaids, wraps, sugar ( for low blood sugar), granola bars,visine, insect bite cream (which also works for sunburns)

morphie, chagers for both apple products and reg cord

I aso keep a bag of old sneakers in the car, just in case someone forgot them.

Some of the stranger things that I carried the following as a coach and still do as a cheer mom...

A large empty ziploc bag (which can be filled with ice in an emergency.) Sometimes it is easier to just hit snack bar than to wall across an arena for first aid.)

A small glue gun to fix broken bows an elastics . I have used this numerous times!

Pads/tampons, extra socks, disposable nail polish wipes, extra shoelaces, safety pins, highlighter, sharpie, copy of schedule, small flashlight, Mr Clean eraser for dirty sneakers, extra bow, *phone list of athetes AND parents

Tums, advil, tylenol, liquid bandaid, bacitracin, bandaids, wraps, sugar ( for low blood sugar), granola bars,visine, insect bite cream (which also works for sunburns)

morphie, chagers for both apple products and reg cord

I aso keep a bag of old sneakers in the car, just in case someone forgot them.

Sounds a lot like my bag. I never thought to carry a plastic bag for ice but that's smart!

I also carry hair supplies (pony tail holders, bobby pins, hairspray, brush, teasing brush&comb) and a pill box for athlete jewelry (there's always someone who forgets to take something off.) I used to carry baby wipes and shout wipes since we had white uniforms and my youth 1 kids were stain magnets.

At the beginning of the season, safety pins are a must have when kids have new uniforms that don't fit well.

I have a mini Bluetooth speaker that I keep in my bag for comps as well. Perfect for going into a secret hallway to mark to music.

Also... Candy for bribery.

I keep an emergency kit like most do. Bandaids, over-the-counter pain medicine (must have parents approval to take) cotton balls, Q-tips, makeup wipes etc.

I also keep my coaches binder. Every coach on the AYC team has one it has the girls contact information for emergencies, insurance info, etc

Small finger foods like those Nutrient bars, gummies, etc these are only kept for the kids who don't have money to spend at comps. Few of the parents are willing to help out in making sure every child gets fed while we're at comps, but it doesn't always work out.

I always keep 1-2 extra shorts/spanks (someone always forgets), socks, hair ties, hair spray, etc

We keep a lot of things because these are young kids we work with so they're very forgetful! I can go on forever about the stuff I keep in my bag as a coach :)

I keep an emergency kit like most do. Bandaids, over-the-counter pain medicine (must have parents approval to take) cotton balls, Q-tips, makeup wipes etc.

I also keep my coaches binder. Every coach on the AYC team has one it has the girls contact information for emergencies, insurance info, etc

Small finger foods like those Nutrient bars, gummies, etc these are only kept for the kids who don't have money to spend at comps. Few of the parents are willing to help out in making sure every child gets fed while we're at comps, but it doesn't always work out.

I always keep 1-2 extra shorts/spanks (someone always forgets), socks, hair ties, hair spray, etc

We keep a lot of things because these are young kids we work with so they're very forgetful! I can go on forever about the stuff I keep in my bag as a coach :)
Just curious, in the thread you started in the newbie section it sounds like you are a new inexperienced and younger coach but in this response for some reason you sound much more experienced to me. Can I ask which it is?

Could just be me being paranoid since we've had some posters of late misrepresent themselves in hopes of gaining credibility with others quickly. That typically never ends well.

**well now, aren't you just the special one**

^^^^^ Agree, if you have already been to comp. with AYC I would think you are experienced and parents would not complain about your lack of experience. That I am aware of AYC in NC area has not gone to any comp. this season. A little confusing.

Last edited:

I also carry extra bloomers/booty shorts just in case someone forgets to bring them to wear under their skirt. I also bring any extra uniforms skirts/tops/bows I have from previous years.

Just curious, in the thread you started in the newbie section it sounds like you are a new inexperienced and younger coach but in this response for some reason you sound much more experienced to me. Can I ask which it is?

Could just be me being paranoid since we've had some posters of late misrepresent themselves in hopes of gaining credibility with others quickly. That typically never ends well.

I can answer this in my thread, or in a PM I don't want to change the topic of this woman's post :)

**well now, aren't you just the special one**

This is so helpful! I'm a second year cheer coach, and last year was a bit unorganized. Thanks for the info!

Check out In a Pikle - it's a little kit that has everything you need for a small emergency! Besides that, feminine hygeine products, bobby pins, extra hair ties, extra hair bow, extra socks, ice packs (the break and freeze kind), external battery charger...

Back