All-Star Coaches, How Do You Help Your Kids Prepare For College Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
To what exent are ya'll involved in helping them prepare for tryouts, especially those with hopes of going to big schools? do you help with training, scouting, scholarships, etc? I've always been curious about this.

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

I help them find out the tryout info and if they want private lessons I set them up (partner stunting or tumbling, whatever they may need).

I recommend that they think of what they want to go to school for FIRST, THEN I recommend they check out collegecheerguide.com and let me know the their top 5 choices. We then sit down and discuss them, and narrow it down to 3. I then recommend they discuss it with their family and whichever three schools they choose, I contact the colleges personally and start looking into physical skills they will need as well as game day preparation. All-Star cheerleading has KILLED gameday cheerleaders IMO. So leading up to their tryout I have them work on some game cheers and chants. I hope this helps!! Good Luck!! College placement should be higher on coaches lists that it currently is!!

Back