All-Star Coaches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Hi friends! I wanted to ask around and get a general feel of what the compensation is like for coaches from all over. I know money is a touchy subject but I am interested to see how different coaches are valued and compensated for their profession. Please do not bring up your gym directly, but rather, list a general location. I understand the standard of living will fluctuate some of the pay scale.

Some basic information, location and size of your gym is all that should be needed.

Is there any other way your gym pays you? Bonuses? Gifts?

I have a feeling this might be interesting to most coaches...

Last edited:
What SarahS said. You might have more luck in the coaches section but even then I think replies will be limited

**And we thought Fierce Board brought out the crazies**

I had 5€/hour but kids pay 25€/month lol so I was totally okay with 5€ :D

I'll be coaching this upcoming season. It's in Sweden but yeah haha. We're a non-profit organization, so we don't get paid, but have a reduced fee if we're on a team, and gets a little something at christmas if we have the economy for it. :)

Hi friends! I wanted to ask around and get a general feel of what the compensation is like for coaches from all over. I know money is a touchy subject but I am interested to see how different coaches are valued and compensated for their profession. Please do not bring up your gym directly, but rather, list a general location. I understand the standard of living will fluctuate some of the pay scale.

Some basic information, location and size of your gym is all that should be needed. For me,

Coach for 14 years (11 at current gym)
Located in California
Medium sized gym.
Works with levels 1 to Worlds 5 in both team and tumbling
Pay is $20 per hour for teams and classes. Also any camps work.
Privates are booked through the gym. Pay is $30 per hour, gym keeps $20 or %40
Competition stipend is between $50-$100 depending on number of comp days

Is there any other way your gym pays you? Bonuses? Gifts?

I have a feeling this might be interesting to most coaches...
Not sure how most gyms are but I think that is a crazy amount for the gym to keep for privates. We do $30 per half our and the gym keeps $5. I can't imagine only charging $30 for a whole hour and then only keeping $10 of that!

Not sure how most gyms are but I think that is a crazy amount for the gym to keep for privates. We do $30 per half our and the gym keeps $5. I can't imagine only charging $30 for a whole hour and then only keeping $10 of that!

Our gym doesn't keep any of our money from privates. I charge $30 for a half hour and $50 for an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he/she meant the coach gets 30 and the gym gets 20, so the private is 50. (it says "pay is 30/hour" not privates are 30/hour)

OP, I hope you do get some answers! I have a coach that I'm trying to get my boss to offer a job to at the dance studio where I work, because our acro teacher is leaving. I have no clue how much coaches make, so I don't know if he'd be insulted by our pay scale lol so I've been afraid to ask! (our pay starts at 20 and goes to 50 - but I've been told we are on the lower end for dance teacher pay)

Pretty sure he/she meant the coach gets 30 and the gym gets 20, so the private is 50. (it says "pay is 30/hour" not privates are 30/hour)

OP, I hope you do get some answers! I have a coach that I'm trying to get my boss to offer a job to at the dance studio where I work, because our acro teacher is leaving. I have no clue how much coaches make, so I don't know if he'd be insulted by our pay scale lol so I've been afraid to ask! (our pay starts at 20 and goes to 50 - but I've been told we are on the lower end for dance teacher pay)
That would make more sense! Still a fairly big chunck for the gym but much better than what I thought!

i wouldnt take a lack of responses personal. i know many businesses have stipulations that discussing your rate of pay is grounds for immediate dismissal, let alone in an extremely public place such as fierceboard.

on a side note. you set your own value. you should not base your worth off of what someone else is making. your happiness shouldnt be dictated by the rate of pay either. i am not naive. i understand you need some money to be happy, but if youre not happy no matter what amount you are being paid will make it better.

In France, all cheer clubs are non-profit and coaches are all volunteer.

Same in Germany. Maybe some of the larger clubs offer some kind of compensation, though. I'm not sure. But the vast majority of us doesn't get paid but works as volunteers.

Back