All-Star Coaching Babies

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You need to have them say HIT when they jump- EVERY time. also you must teach them the counts for putting their hands on the floor in their tumbling pass- and how many steps to get there- then make sure you are counting above the music so they hear you . Run it this way all the time and they will get used to it. Good luck

They do say hit every time when they jump. It took a while to get it to stick, but they do it. We've tried just having them stand in place and swing their arms to the counts yelling "hit", doing straight jumps and yelling "hit", but once we try with the actual jumps, it gets a little chaotic.

We've also given them counts for their tumbling passes, and told them what line to start the pass on, but I've never counted out steps. I'll try that! Thanks.

They do say hit every time when they jump. It took a while to get it to stick, but they do it. We've tried just having them stand in place and swing their arms to the counts yelling "hit", doing straight jumps and yelling "hit", but once we try with the actual jumps, it gets a little chaotic.

We've also given them counts for their tumbling passes, and told them what line to start the pass on, but I've never counted out steps. I'll try that! Thanks.

I don't know if this will help, but I started saying "sit, jump, sit, jump" so they know when to bend their knees and when to actually jump. Normally I'll count it out like "high V 1, 2, SIT, JUMP" and it has helped a lot with our teams. If might sound like I'm talking to them like dogs, but I swear it helps!

[quote="mollymags, post: 674733, member: 280"

We've also given them counts for their tumbling passes, and told them what line to start the pass on, but I've never counted out steps. I'll try that! Thanks.[/quote]
We count tumbling as such
Run 1234 hurdle 56 round off 78 back 1234 kick 5678

I personally LOVE coaching Tiny's they bring me so much joy every time I walk in the gym. I emphasize so much the little things in their routine (Ex: Being Sharp, Smiling and Watching me) Sometimes they like to daze off and forget their in the middle of their routine. I usually run through practices doing their routine in sections that way it's not overwelming or tiring for them, 4 year olds have very little attention spans so its important not to work on 1 thing for a long time. You need to be changing it up every 15-20
minutes. We have a bear that 1 person gets to take home every practice. that person I always explain to them is the one who listened the
most, we also have a treasure box that not every practice but some they get to choose what they want from , it has stickers and bracelets etc.. we also play a game usually the last 5-10 mins of practice.

I personally LOVE coaching Tiny's they bring me so much joy every time I walk in the gym. I emphasize so much the little things in their routine (Ex: Being Sharp, Smiling and Watching me) Sometimes they like to daze off and forget their in the middle of their routine. I usually run through practices doing their routine in sections that way it's not overwelming or tiring for them, 4 year olds have very little attention spans so its important not to work on 1 thing for a long time. You need to be changing it up every 15-20
minutes. We have a bear that 1 person gets to take home every practice. that person I always explain to them is the one who listened the
most, we also have a treasure box that not every practice but some they get to choose what they want from , it has stickers and bracelets etc.. we also play a game usually the last 5-10 mins of practice.

I love the idea of the bear and you definitely know how to motivate them and make practice fun. But when I read that you have a stuffed animal that goes from house to house my mind went straight to "lice". I have yet to have it hit my house, but have friends who have had it them. I cringe everytime a "lice letter" comes home from school. Those little buggers can spread and it has nothing to do how clean a kid is. Be careful, it could spread through your team.

I love the idea of the bear and you definitely know how to motivate them and make practice fun. But when I read that you have a stuffed animal that goes from house to house my mind went straight to "lice". I have yet to have it hit my house, but have friends who have had it them. I cringe everytime a "lice letter" comes home from school. Those little buggers can spread and it has nothing to do how clean a kid is. Be careful, it could spread through your team.

I have already had a Lice incident with my Tiny's. I actually canceled one of their practices and rescheduled it because one of them came in with Lice...and i didn't want that to spread throughout the gym. My parents are pretty good now about making sure they don't bring their kids to practices if they are either sick or have lice.

Back