High School Comp Cheer Words Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 2, 2012
The team that I coach will be competing this year for the first time EVER in school history! I need help with words for our competition- my creativity is sapped! Can someone help please??
We're going with music that's all about new beginnings and starting something new, so I'd love the cheer to go with that theme =)

My team's info: Deerfield High School (DHS), Warriors, colors are Red Gray and White.

Thanks for the help!!!

Yeah!!! You're our color buddies!! We are also red, grey and white. Was beginning to think we were the only ones in Illinois with those colors. We competed at two small competitions last year, but this is the first time ever, in school history, to do IHSA and ICCA. So awesome to hear that we are pretty much in the same boat.

Anyways, do you have a theme for your music or a team saying you want to build off of? That's where I always start.

Yeah!!! You're our color buddies!! We are also red, grey and white. Was beginning to think we were the only ones in Illinois with those colors. We competed at two small competitions last year, but this is the first time ever, in school history, to do IHSA and ICCA. So awesome to hear that we are pretty much in the same boat.
Anyways, do you have a theme for your music or a team saying you want to build off of? That's where I always start.

Hi! Well last year we exhibitioned at two competitions- our Central Suburban League comp and the Vernon Hills comp- the judges were nice enough to give us a lot of feedback, which was awesome. The theme we're going with this year is starting new or new beginnings, something like that. =)

Here's a few verses I came up with. If I think of anything else I'll let ya know. Ask the team to come up with some ideas or even build off of the music you will use.

Starting from the bottom
headed for the top
Deerfield High School
we can't be stopped

Starting a tradition
yeah, you're looking at the best
the one the only
D H S
Go Warriors!

are your cheers usually long cheers with signs and poms UCA style or short and sweet ?

We need our cheer to be a minute long- but I usually prefer UCA style, so that's why it's tough for me. I'm not good with long cheers! =)

Here's a few verses I came up with. If I think of anything else I'll let ya know. Ask the team to come up with some ideas or even build off of the music you will use.

Starting from the bottom
headed for the top
Deerfield High School
we can't be stopped

Starting a tradition
yeah, you're looking at the best
the one the only
D H S
Go Warriors!

Oooooh I like! Thanks!!!

Deerfield (pause)
High School
Back (pause ) once again (pause)
You've seen us before
but never quite like this

Warrior fans stand up and yell
Red Gray and White
(repeat) Red Gray and White

All together on this side yell
GO Warriors GO
repeat Go Warriors GO !

We are the Warriors
and this is our beginning
The face of your champion looks like this (pause)
Warriors !

Well, thats what I came up with - I am not sure if you have to incorporate signs and poms but thats kind of what I set it up for haha you can tweak it any which way though hah

Back