All-Star Comp Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just curious in hearing how other gym's do their competition makeup? Does your gym supply the makeup or do you go out and purchase it yourself.

My daughter gets makeup every year (just eyeshadow and finishing powder) as part of uniform costs. We buy the lip stain and it is a specific color.

We've been doing a natural smoky eye with a tiny bit of shimmer, black eyeliner and red lips for the past 4 or 5 years now.

Prior to that was crazy glitter, and there was an embarrassing year of glitter lips. It was the in thing, but terrible! And one girl would eat the glitter off her lips!

Won't lie I usually judge teams when I see them walk in with heavy glitter make-up. I already assume the routine is not good. Don't want to offend anyone, just my personal experience and opinion! I know I can't be the only one too!

We've been doing a natural smoky eye with a tiny bit of shimmer, black eyeliner and red lips for the past 4 or 5 years now.

Prior to that was crazy glitter, and there was an embarrassing year of glitter lips. It was the in thing, but terrible! And one girl would eat the glitter off her lips!

Won't lie I usually judge teams when I see them walk in with heavy glitter make-up. I already assume the routine is not good. Don't want to offend anyone, just my personal experience and opinion! I know I can't be the only one too!

Trust me, you're not the only one.

does anyone know what brand of makeup/best way to apply the sheer gold/silver glitter framing the eye and cheekbone area like world cup does? Its just the right amount of glitter... I have been trying to find a good brand of makeup to use for that but wanted to know from you guys what worked best?

Ours is part of the uniform fee. Last year we got a very sparkly blue and an eyeshadow brush. We provided our own blush, lipstick, mascara, etc.

I'd prefer having to either purchase our own eyeshadow as well, or having the option to purchase it from the gym (not have it included every year). I assume we'll use the same makeup this year and I definitely don't need another pot of sparkly blue around the house.

The coaches did a demo last year before the first comp, and emailed the parents a step-by-step how to sheet as well.

Back