High School Competition Cheer!! Need Your Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 11, 2013
Hey everyone! I'm trying to get our competition cheer words going. I have this so far...what does everyone think? Open to suggestions and new ideas as well!!!

We are the bullets
And we're number 1
Were here to show you how it's done
Come on everybody
Get up from your seat
The bullets are here and we can't be beat
So watch out, you're headed for a fall
The purple and gold are here to take it all
Get ready for defeat, we'll knock you off your feet
The big gold is here
To end this year
Sensational and elite
We've come to win
Purple and gold will make you cringe
You think you can beat, get out of town
Bullets are the best ** bow down!

I like it too. But last year we were told to make the words simple so the crowd could repeat.

I like it too. But last year we were told to make the words simple so the crowd could repeat.
Where are you competing then? When I read the cheer I just assumed NCA. If you're going to UCA (aka very crowd friendly) then this will not score well at all!

Where are you competing then? When I read the cheer I just assumed NCA. If you're going to UCA (aka very crowd friendly) then this will not score well at all!
We don't cheer either. Our school won't let us, so it's ihsa.

Are you replying to me or to the OP? Should the UCA cheer be as complex as the OP's? Ours was something like
Rams Go Rams , Call our your colors (school name and 3 colors) Basically repeated that a lot.

For IHSA, you should still include crowd leading as that is included in the scoring rubric. Be less "be afraid of us" and more "look what we have to offer". For my personal taste it's too Dr. Suess rhyming, but adding some crowd involvement may break that up more so.

Are you replying to me or to the OP? Should the UCA cheer be as complex as the OP's? Ours was something like
Rams Go Rams , Call our your colors (school name and 3 colors) Basically repeated that a lot.
I thought y'all were the same person. UCA cheers shouldn't be anything like the OP, so thats where my confusion came from! You are correct, UCA cheers should be very easy to follow, not many words and repetitive!

I love it! But I agree that it's too long. Maybe use only 3 of the lines and then the crowd can repeat it? You don't want it to go on forever.. plus other people can easily join in! :)

I love it! But I agree that it's too long. Maybe use only 3 of the lines and then the crowd can repeat it? You don't want it to go on forever.. plus other people can easily join in! :)
For IHSA it's a good length, for this routine music can't be more than 1:30 with another 1:30 left for cheer. It's a bit different than other states, but agree, there needs to be crowd involvement.

I thought y'all were the same person. UCA cheers shouldn't be anything like the OP, so thats where my confusion came from! You are correct, UCA cheers should be very easy to follow, not many words and repetitive!
Thank you!

It's awesome! Is it for a HS comp team or All-Star ? If it's high school try and go with words that's easier for the crowd to repeat, but if it's not it's really good !!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back