All-Star Competition Gift Ideas Needed!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2013
I want to thank everyone in advance for their ideas & help! I would like to get the opinions of what other all star cheerleaders think would make great things for competition gifts/goody bags. Of course parents that have given gifts that were a huge success I'd love to hear those too. The team is Junior level 3 and the ages range from 9-15 (my daughter being the youngest) and we've done a few gifts already but we're running out of ideas....but who better to ask about gift ideas for all star cheerleaders, than other all star cheerleaders!

The typical bag I use to get had a mini bottle of Gatorade (you can get a pack of six at the dollar store or grocery store), hair ties, pins, mini hairspray cans, candies like the 5 cent ones in a little Baggie, a blank tshirt or one with a computer printed image and a sharpie for signing the tshirt, energy bars, one year I got an eye mask for sleeping that parents got from the dollar store, you could decorate them write the names on the in team colours, door stars with name and sparkles and ribbons.

Usually just think of small things that can prepare them for the competition if it's an overnight, if your meeting the day before completion it's always fun to have practice bows or shirts to sign or decorate.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Chapstick, cute hair ties/bobby pins, a cute water bottle or one of those water bottles that are like cups with lids and then have the straws (does that make any sense?) and then some of those straws to go with. That's all I can think of right now!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I want to thank everyone in advance for their ideas & help! I would like to get the opinions of what other all star cheerleaders think would make great things for competition gifts/goody bags. Of course parents that have given gifts that were a huge success I'd love to hear those too. The team is Junior level 3 and the ages range from 9-15 (my daughter being the youngest) and we've done a few gifts already but we're running out of ideas....but who better to ask about gift ideas for all star cheerleaders, than other all star cheerleaders!
I know its way too cold to think about this now, but we've done the fringe flip flops. The girls absolutely loved them and still wear them from last season! We also painted and decorated wooden coat hangers with the gym's and girls' names on them to use for the competition uniform. Fleece scarfs and/or fleece blankets are easy to make in the team colors! Or you can get wooden hair brushes in bulk and decorate them with the girls names on them. The girls also liked the pillowcases the moms had decorated for them. They take them on the road with them for competitions. I've seen other teams buy cheap picture frames and decorate them with the team and girls' names in the team colors. I'm not sure if these were bigger than you were thinking of or meant. Most of these are "projects", but if you can recruit other parents to help, its much easier. And the parents can bond! I hope this helps someone. I'd love to see other people's ideas!

Last year I got a bunch of those little plastic hands that clap real loud when you shake them---I think everyone around the girls wanted to grab them and stomp on them!! (the plastic hands, not the girls...) One of my brilliant ideas that sound a lot better than it actually turns out! I think this year I'm going to get some little pom poms in their team colors---can shake 'em and they are noiseless. :)

Here are a couple of ideas:
- nice laminated cards with inspirational sayings/pics and the comp attending - that they can attach to an O ring that they can attach to their back backs
- candy/snack grams - "xxx always come through in a crunch" on a nestle's crunch bar..."be extra special" with extra gum
- for a warm weather team going to a cold climate - may be a pair of the walmart dollar gloves with something in them

I am attaching a picture of something I did for Jamfest...this is a bit more elaborate. Finally check pinterest...I always find good ideas there.

2vwtph1.jpg

When I was at a gym that did these we would always pack little gift bags with something for them to eat and drink. Then we gave them little trinkets like beaded necklaces in our colors, mini clappers etc. We also did big sis/lil sis gifts. I would always do something that pertained to that competition and at the end of the year I got each girl a charm bracelet which I got on clearance at Penneys for 5 and then went to the craft store and picked up charms that went with the entire year and all of their comps. For example a flip flop charm for our beach comp, an angel for the Christmas comp, a Texas flag for the state champ etc- it was a personalized touch that they just loved.

Also, if you have a big nationals somewhere special- you might do autograph bows. It's fun and every cheerleader could use another bow to their collection ;)

We did cute little Chevron Chapstick holder keychains that can be attached to thier bags, they were a huge hit. Also, flip flops, pillowcase, bag tags, personalized brushes. One idea that I love that we haven't done yet, is sunglasses. You can have your team name on the side and attach a little tag on it that says " Your future's so bright, you gonna need these".

you can get a shirts with your gym logo ( that's what I often get) or even bows. you caa also just get small thing like clappers or little roll out sighns that they can carry when cheering on other teams or even there team. kids often like candy or at least I know I do;)

Time to break out the word doc I keep on this......Some of it has already been said, but here's some additional ideas:
-Decorated picture frames with team photo (or mini photo frame keychain with team photo in it on one side, kid's name on other. They can put it on their comp bag)
-Team hair bows
-Bow keychain
-Team themed headband or hair clip
-Team knee socks
-Team shoelaces (in gym color)
-Little plastic megaphone with candy inside
-Themed bags ("cheer royalty" = princess themed stuff such as a princess crown, sash. "Queens of the Jungle" = animal print items)
-mini teddy bears in gym color
-team themed cheek tattoos (if team is Lightning, then a lightning bolt, etc.)
-"Magic Spirit Dust": A little jar of fine glitter that you sprinkle for good luck (attach a cute poem about it being magic to have a great performance, etc etc)
-Themed Rubber Duckies for good luck (can get them off oriental trading co........attach a poem about "lucky ducks")
-Candy bar cover: make a cover with the team name & team members to put over a hershey's bar
-Makeup bags with team name on them or individual kid's names (if one of the parents has an embroidery machine and can do it cheap)
-Pillowcases with team name on them. Girls can sign them for a great memory. Also great for travel comps
-Team charm to put on a bracelet/necklace
-Homemade fortune cookies: put in inspirational messages specific to the team as the fortune ("you will have a great performance" "you will be fierce! work it girl!" etc.). Dip in chocolate and sprinkle with gym color sprinkles
-Dynamite for a "dynamite performance" = toilet paper roll filled with candy and wrapped in tulle or tissue paper
-For competitions where you have to carry around credentials (such as worlds), team color rhinestone lanyards:
buy some cheap flat lanyards wholesale and superglue away, to make them like this ! :http://www.synergy17.com/shop/images/LanyardsAll.jpg
-Team themed cell phone charms (easy to make. Tons of how-to guides for this online and can buy the supplies from walmart.....just buy the loops and the wire to put beads/charm on)

Something to keep the cheerleaders busy is a personalized word search game. I just googled it and found lots of choices to use. Just add your own list of words, names, etc, and print a copy for each goodie bag. Add a pencil from the dollar store, a few pieces of candy, and your set! My friend just did this for her daughter's college team and I did it for our Pop Warner team. The girls loved it, especially finding their own name!

Almost every away competition my team gets bag tags. They are really easy and inexpensive. I have also gotten the standard goody bags, little cheerleader survival kits, team water tumblers, personalized mnm's, bracelets and other stuff but these were definitely my favorites. ETA: HOLY HUGE PICTURES, SORRY!!

205rwh.jpg

Where do you get the ring for the tags. This gave me a good idea, but I don't know where to get those or what they're called!

Back