High School Competition Pyramids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 11, 2013
When it comes to pyramids I like something different. Not your normal stuff like only tossing the middle flyer. I really like to show versality. What are some ideas for your non-conventional tosses and/or pyramid ideas!! Feel free to post videos!!!

Lots of level changes and visual effects that make watching the pyramid sequence exciting for everyone watching. Quick full-ups, 180's and show & go's (not sure what others call them..) help keep the momentum up in pyramids during transitions.

Here are some highlights of what pyramid transitions are being taught at NCA camp this summer: . My team will be going at the end of August!

I really like how we get in to our pyramid. (the back extension rolls, not the groups going to prep :D)
And I loved the jump rope stunt in this pyramid, which doesn't even need to be part of a pyramid it could just be a transitional stunt elsewhere.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Ball up 360 x-outs, braced back extension roll to hands... Hunterdon Central HS did the latter one this past season.

Could you find a video for this? I can't find one for 2013 ):
It was from 2014; I am on my phone so I can't access it, but here's how you can:

Go to uca.varsity.com, and go to the competitions tab. Click National HD Cheerleading Championship. Scroll down and click on 'Videos'. You will be taken to a different page. Next to the division tabs, there is a search bar. Enter Hunterdon Central Finals. Click the video (you might not have to, since it will play automatically). Behold the greatness that is HC Varsity.

The YouTube account grthirteen has UCA high school nationals posted and you could watch the division you are in and see what kind of pyramids they are doing! They may also have NCA but it might be posted a ways back!!
(The most recent one is a little messed up if you go down below NCA all star the video is really clean!!)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
Back