All-Star Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 22, 2013
New to this...

Is the seating at comps first come, first serve? Or are the teams permitted reserved "areas" for parents/spectators for fans on that gym in a certain section? Asking for regional, national & comps.

It wouldn't be very fun having to mud your way through in order to get a good spot or having too be way in the back :(

Is the seating aggressive if it's not assigned?

Most competitions offer "priority" seating for parents of cheerleaders on teams that are about to compete. These sections are usually right in front of the competition floor, and you can only sit there when your team is performing. Event staff herds you in and out, & they are pretty strict sometimes! Haha.
Other than that, it just depends. I've had some bad experiences with crazy cheer moms and their seats...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

And as far as general assigned seating goes, I think that just depends on your program/ team parents and whether or not they want to get to the venue early enough to hold seats. I don't think I've ever been to a competition that had assigned seating based on the attending programs.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

One of our competitions this season had assigned seating for programmes but it didn't really work! The venue was quite small and we are a large programme that was placed next to another large programme so the inevitable happened and we were spilling over each other's assigned seats! And there wasn't enough room so many people ended up sitting on the floor, random seats, anywhere! Needless to say it was a stressful competition haha

For our gym, if there is ample stadium seating, the coaches and parents who are there earliest (usually for the younger teams) stake out a section and then let everyone else know where we are sitting. If there is a VIP section then typically everyone goes down together regardless of whether it is your cp's team or not. When there is no stadium seating an just a VIP section, everyone just meets up in the holding area a few teams prior to the next team from our gym to go on. The kids know that they are expected to be there to cheer on every team that goes on prior to their own awards ceremony (we are usually allowed to leave comps once cp's award ceremony is complete and do not have to stay to watch later teams that go on - in the same way, later teams that go on typically arrive at the comps later and are not there to cheer on the teams that go on very early in the AM).
As for saving seats - irks me to no end when you see team backpacks - or even worse team 'seat back covers' - on empty chairs for hours and no one ever goes back to sit in them

Back