All-Star Confessions Of A Cheer Snob

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 23, 2010
After years of sitting in the Arena, Milk House, INDY, the World Congress Center and other venues watching solely Level 5 cheerleading I had the pleasure of watching Cheerlebrity in Cincinnati today. I remembered where we started, how we worked and the joy of cheer for these kids at lower levels. I did think the heart of cheer was in the Big D, Cali, ATL, NJ, MD, K-Vegas and other locations where the best of level 5 prepared. I think now I realize it really exists in Terre Haute, Owensboro, Cincinnati and countless other towns where young kids and parents start and perfect their craft in All Star. Props to S. Foster and his concept. It is a big idea.

This is one of the reason I love watching my cp on her youth team and her j5 team. When she's out there with her youth 2 team, it's pure FUN. Her and the other 25 girls on her team love what they are doing for the sheer joy of doing it. Her J5 tests her skills and pushes her to her limits, but to see where she has begun and where she will be each comp, reminds me of why we do this. People think I'm crazy to allow my daughter to cross to so many teams (she's on 3). I do think it's nuts as well. It was her choice to do so. I worry about her, but at the same time I look forward to each team because each one brings something different to the table. Seeing her perform in different capacities on each team is a wonderful thing. You get kind of used to the same tricks over and over when watching strictly one level.

So was Maddie a cheerlebrity at the event today? Who else was on the panel? I like the idea of the feedback, good to hear a different member of the cheer world other then judges giving feedback.

So was Maddie a cheerlebrity at the event today? Who else was on the panel? I like the idea of the feedback, good to hear a different member of the cheer world other then judges giving feedback.

Yes, Maddie was on the panel, along with Travis Stokes, and Garrin Gosnell. Overall, I thought it was great. The kids LOVED hearing the panel comment on them, especially the younger teams. The older girls just loved hearing Maddie say anything to them.
At the end of the day before awards my junior 3 team turns to me and says "Coach Tamara, we want to go to worlds!" I say "Worlds is only for level 5 teams, not just something you just go to for fun. You have to earn your spot to go." "Yeah, we are going to work on it, because we really want to go now..."
Overall, great concept, well run, and something totally new. The kids and parents are both excited to go back next year.

Back