All-Star Confusion About Posted Event Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

crazycheermom

Cheer Parent
Jan 19, 2011
How come some results from some competitions have scores and some just have placements.. I mean on same type of competition. For instance, on UCA, some you see with scores and some are just posted with team placement??

I would assume this isn't done on purpose, but i've never come across the same company doing this

Since there is not standard presentation, EP's are free to do as they please.

Many coaches/gyms don't want scores posted and many EP's agree with them.

And, frankly, some people are worried about showing teams with low scores and embarrassing them.

In a competitive world, that's the silliest reason of all.

Sure, and I can see it one way or the other, but like I said on uca there are different formats. Is each uca put on by individual eps and not necessarily a standard way?

ACEDAD said:

And, frankly, some people are worried about showing teams with low scores and embarrassing them.

My favorite competitions show scores and deductions. Scores in each category would be amazing. Let's keep pushing for transparency in scoring/results!

If you are embarrassed by your score, then you shouldn't be competing in a division your not ready for. If your score is low because you messed up a lot then everyone already knows because they saw it. This really does not make sense to me. I vote let the scores be known!

Sure, and I can see it one way or the other, but like I said on uca there are different formats. Is each uca put on by individual eps and not necessarily a standard way?

UCA is one company, but it's possible that the specific people running the multiple events do it a bit differently.

ACEDAD said:
UCA is one company, but it's possible that the specific people running the multiple events do it a bit differently.

It should be standard across the board if you ask me.... but nobody ever does (insert rimshot here)

Seriously though, posting results may be an afterthought to EP's but their customers really care. You'd think a company as old as UCA would have a standard practice for that.

I noticed this last year with Jam Live, and I think they usually post scores. Not sure why they didn't for that one. I emailed the EP and he sent me the scores from the divisions my teams were in.

Imo scores should always be posted. Everyone says they want cheer to be recognized as a sport, right? Well, imagine if they just said patriots beat the jets without showing a score?? Or one gymnast beat another but no scores?? EPs should not be concerned with "embarrassing" a team. I highly doubt gymnastics judges are concerned with hurting feelings.

I've never seen UCA post the scorew online with the rankings, but I know that they email the coaches, or atleast I think they do because our coach told us the scores of everybody in our divison from last week Saturday on our Monday practice.

Back