Connecting My Bhs Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 22, 2012
I can do a R/O and have good enough rebound out of it, and I can do a standing bhs with a spotter, but whenever my coach tries to spot me for a R/O bhs I stop inbetween before throwing the BHS, any advice?

on a mat or tramp put your hands up and bend already and throw handsprings without swinging your arms back.
If you can do that then when you come out of your roundoff you just push off your toes and do the handspring

on a mat or tramp put your hands up and bend already and throw handsprings without swinging your arms back.
If you can do that then when you come out of your roundoff you just push off your toes and do the handspring
okay thank you!

Do a round-off, and mark a spot on the floor close to where you land. Then place a crash mat on the spot. Practise doing your round-off again, except jump straight back onto the crash mat from your rebound. It sounds weird, but it gets you used to the feeling of jumping back into a flick from your round-off.

You could probably do the same thing at home using a bed if you have a big enough room.

I got my R/O BHS last week and it took no time to learn it :)
what i would do first is get your back handspring and your round off as strong as you can. So that you dont need a spotter for your BHS and you can get a pretty high rebound after your R/O.
Once your certain you have got that throw a strong round off and as you come back down from the rebound lower your arms for the swing into a BHS. Dont stop completely otherwise the drill is useless, you need to get used the momentum. This will get you used to the quicker movements. After this starts to get easy my number one tip is not to think about it. i always tap my fingers on my legs before i start so that i dont over think it and freak out :) just get a friend to take your mind of it so that you can just throw your whole body into the tumble. Trust me it works!! i used this same technique to get my R.O handspring handspring :))
GOOD LUCK!!

Back