Costs And Fundraising

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A somewhat pain-free, worry-free fundraising idea is to sell Sweat X laundry detergent... Sounds kind of funky, but it actually is pretty easy and doesn't require a huge amount of effort on your part. The company that manufactures Sweat X believes in giving back to the community so they've set up a fundraising initiative where organizations can earn $2 for every bottle of detergent sold.

So if 30 girls sell 20 bottles, the team would earn $1200! The genius part of this fundraiser is that EVERYONE needs detergent anyways and this stuff works better than the traditional detergent (Rebel Athletics recommends using only Sweat X on their cheer uniforms)... It also costs less per load and the fundraiser can go on FOREVER. They set up a webpage for you to send parents/friends/relatives to and they order online. It's a pretty cool concept. You can check out more info at Renegade Brands

GOOD LUCK!!

Most people, when asked how much they pay for unis, practice wear... everything, really, kind of beat around the bush and just say "a lot". I completely understand this, as if someone were to ask me how much I paid for my car I wouldn't tell them either. But, as a new coach, in all seriousness, how much do you pay for your uniforms? Practice wear? Bags? Warm ups? We're trying to get a feel for costs so our new parents will know roughly what to expect and so we can ask them how much they are willing to spend, and for what. Also, what kind of fundraising have you done in the past that has proved to be successful? I know there's a forum here already for that, but it's older so I figured I'd just ask again. Thanks in advance for all y'all's help!

We generally pay about $250 for uniforms, $50 for practice wear, $150 for war ups, $75 for shoes and $30 for competition bows. One of our biggest fundraisers has been through a company called Joe Corbis which sells frozen foods and desserts plus cookie dough. We've also sold mums around Mothers Day from our local gardening store and raffle tickets at $10 a piece to win a cash prize.

A somewhat pain-free, worry-free fundraising idea is to sell Sweat X laundry detergent... Sounds kind of funky, but it actually is pretty easy and doesn't require a huge amount of effort on your part. The company that manufactures Sweat X believes in giving back to the community so they've set up a fundraising initiative where organizations can earn $2 for every bottle of detergent sold.

So if 30 girls sell 20 bottles, the team would earn $1200! The genius part of this fundraiser is that EVERYONE needs detergent anyways and this stuff works better than the traditional detergent (Rebel Athletics recommends using only Sweat X on their cheer uniforms)... It also costs less per load and the fundraiser can go on FOREVER. They set up a webpage for you to send parents/friends/relatives to and they order online. It's a pretty cool concept. You can check out more info at Renegade Brands

GOOD LUCK!!
What a great program to look into!!!

Our gym doesn't have an organized fundraising program, although they're doing a couple of things to send two teams to Worlds this year. I would looove to have a more consistent plan for fundraising.

CP's school has an ongoing fundraiser through Mabel's Labels, which are tough little name tag stickers for clothing, water bottles, shoes, etc. It's a product lots of parents need, especially those with younger kids. We've found it's easy to manage too - parents order online and Mabel's Labels just sends you a cheque every quarter based on the number of orders received.

Thank y'all so much for being upfront. It's all honestly not as expensive as I thought it would be. Can't wait for my parent meeting now!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Don't forget to factor in any extra little cost that you need to cover (office supplies, paying coaches to travel to competitions, USASF athlete ID, gym insurance, utilities, ect) and then a little extra just in case you forgot something. We find something new every year that we didn't charge enough for. Also, for us comp & coach fee's (approx $900 for 8 comps) and travel costs (hotel, airfare, long drives, ect) are where the big cost comes in after tuition.

My team goes to Dallas for NCA and Vegas. We also do several that are like 3-7 hours of driving and one or two local. So the travel ends up being the most expensive part, so make sure you include that when you think about the cost. Hotels, rental cars, and gas add up so quickly!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We have had to pay around $2000 in past years for an entire season plus travel cost. We have been offered optional fundraisers to help cover some of those costs.

Most people, when asked how much they pay for unis, practice wear... everything, really, kind of beat around the bush and just say "a lot". I completely understand this, as if someone were to ask me how much I paid for my car I wouldn't tell them either. But, as a new coach, in all seriousness, how much do you pay for your uniforms? Practice wear? Bags? Warm ups? We're trying to get a feel for costs so our new parents will know roughly what to expect and so we can ask them how much they are willing to spend, and for what. Also, what kind of fundraising have you done in the past that has proved to be successful? I know there's a forum here already for that, but it's older so I figured I'd just ask again. Thanks in advance for all y'all's help!
We have a fundraising programs please call and ask . AIRBAC - The Solution to a Heavy Backpack

Uniform- $200 ish
Shoes- $50 ish
Warm-Ups- Jacket $90, Pants $30 ish
Practice tops- $25-$30
Practice t-shirt- $12
Practice shorts- $10-20 (depending on type)
Bows- $20-$30 range for competition, practice $15-$20
Make-Up- $30-$40 (was option for us this year as the youngest team)
Bags- $40

Before discounts, tuition plus a tumbling class was $1140 for the year (year round, no breaks).
Comps fees were $65-$85 and we went to 4 (5th was cancelled and rescheduled to a conflicted date)

tryout fee: $25
music/choreo: $200
practice wear $200
gym registration: $100
uniform: $300
shoes: $80-110 (depending on what shoe you want)
comp fees: $800 (not including dallas, worlds, or summit if your team goes)
practice tuition: almost $3000
backpack: $50
comp bow: $20
warm ups: $150

these are all approximate prices

most of our competitions are out of town, and i usually need to stay at a hotel. So there are costs for plane rides, gas, food, spectator fees, hotels, team bonding events, etc. if we go to a big competition, we usually have shirts that the entire program will purchase and those are usually about $20 each. it adds up very quickly...i feel bad for my parents sometimes! haha

tryout fee: $25
music/choreo: $200
practice wear $200
gym registration: $100
uniform: $300
shoes: $80-110 (depending on what shoe you want)
comp fees: $800 (not including dallas, worlds, or summit if your team goes)
practice tuition: almost $3000
backpack: $50
comp bow: $20
warm ups: $150

these are all approximate prices

most of our competitions are out of town, and i usually need to stay at a hotel. So there are costs for plane rides, gas, food, spectator fees, hotels, team bonding events, etc. if we go to a big competition, we usually have shirts that the entire program will purchase and those are usually about $20 each. it adds up very quickly...i feel bad for my parents sometimes! haha
Just sometimes? :D

My rec program:
Football cheer: $55 (August - November)
Competition cheer: $30 (August - May; you have to do football in order to do competition)
Football bow: $5
Comp bow: $10
Shoes: $0-whatever (finally convinced the program to allow kids to wear shoes from previous years if they still function, and allow any cheer shoe, so we have some kids with $20 shoes and some with $80 shoes. I don't care as long as they're cheer shoes)
Competition fees: $0 (program pays for all. We go to 5 locals, hopefully BATC this year is one, plus US finals if we get a paid bid)
Uniform: $136.99 (new this year! Rebel, including rhinestones! So excited!)
Our practice clothes are white t-shirts and black shorts - no particular brand, just those colors, and hopefully every kid already has something in their closet in those colors
Music: $0 (a company donates money for us to buy music)

Fundraising: we're not allowed to do any official fundraising due to regulations we have to follow. Parents can organize their own fundraising, however, including sponsorships.

If I actually figured it out in total including my commuting fees I would probably go seek professional mental health.
I have had to get a job and a part time driving gig to help pay for cheer.
Lately my young teenage daughter has not been her polite lovely self....
I have reminded her all of the sacrafices that are made for her and how can she be so fresh and disrespectful.
I cant wait for her to be a mother one day. sigh

Uniforms-$395
Bow-$40
Warms ups-$165
Tuition--$395/month-this includes extra tumbling, 8 hrs week practice, comp. fees, team gifts, pictures

We wear Nike pros for practice

We are trying to get our program non-profit so we can do the NFL and MLB fundraisers!
We cheer out of the County Recreation Department, BUT that is not considered Non-Profit :(

Back