Could I Fly?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 22, 2013
I flew a little bit with a rec team over the summer. I went on a vacation and had a growth spurt. In the fall I didn't do rec, I'm doing allstar. When I first got there my coach let me fly a little but it was the first time I went up in a one leg stunt so I fell. There were also many flyers at the time. I was put as a base instead, but I would really like to fly sometime again.

Do you think I could? Currently I weigh 90lbs and I'm 5'0", and on a senior level 2 allstar team

I flew a little bit with a rec team over the summer. I went on a vacation and had a growth spurt. In the fall I didn't do rec, I'm doing allstar. When I first got there my coach let me fly a little but it was the first time I went up in a one leg stunt so I fell. There were also many flyers at the time. I was put as a base instead, but I would really like to fly sometime again.

Do you think I could? Currently I weigh 90lbs and I'm 5'0", and on a senior level 2 allstar team
It honestly does not matter how tall/skinny you are. It matters that you can hold your weight, pull the body positions and be tight in the air. Ask the coach if you could, if you really want to.

Take privates honestly because the weight is most likely not the problem, if you learn to control your body in the air then you could most likely fly, the level two division is filled with ( tinier) girls that are like 4 feet tall set your goals and work for them... Prepare for the worst expect the best is my motto.. GOOD LUCK

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Depending on your age I agree with the above poster. The trend in All Star is tiny flyers, especially the lower the level. If your 15/16 you probably won't grow very much more and start working now towards level 5/6 skills to set yourself up for college.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Yes there are a lot of tiny fliers on my team this season, but I'm actually more flexible than a lot of them. I will keep stretching and hope I have better luck next season, and keep practicing for college if I don't have a chance on allstar.

Yeah, I'm 5'5 weigh 110 pounds and a male cheerleader I'm in every stunt sequence and point flyer for level 4, the judges at my competition last sunday said they were surprised that I flew and hit my stunts solid for how tall I am and they said I killed it. As long as you're tight and pull your weight up you will be fine. Anybody can fly no matter their size

Back