All-Star Crazy Bad Sportsmanship/cheating. Need Some Help With This.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well because I was injured I never actually competed with the gym I was at before I left so I shouldn't need a waiver from them. And would it not be an issue to compete at Worlds with the Gym I was planning on competing with and also be listed on Gym C's Worlds roster?

It's an issue for the gym including you on their roster without you knowing about it.

First rule: You are correct, if you never competed "on the floor" with that gym at a USASF sanctioned event, then you don't need a waiver. It doesn't matter who they listed as an alternate if you never actually competed with them.

Next rule they may be violating: You can only be a substitute if you performed "on the floor" as a registered member of that gym the same comp where the bid was earned. You can only be an alternate if you were a registered member of that gym at the time the bid was earned. I can't be sure but they may be violating the substitution/alternate rule here.

Finally, and I believe most important, there are two forms you are supposed to sign when they submit the Worlds roster: the Medical Released form and the Agreement of Compliance. Both should be signed by either you or your parent. If they included in the roster, but you don't know about it, then they forged somebodies signature and it's bad on them, not the gym you are porperly rostered with.

From your discription, it looks like you are clear to compete with any gym and you definitely are not sabbotaging anyone's plans, unless of course they are trying to do something illegal.

well because I was injured I never actually competed with the gym I was at before I left so I shouldn't need a waiver from them. And would it not be an issue to compete at Worlds with the Gym I was planning on competing with and also be listed on Gym C's Worlds roster?

I'm pretty sure I know who Gym's A & B are. I think there are only 4 IOC5 teams in AZ(could be wrong) but I can tell you, that you are not listed on the roster for my team which is neither gym A or B. The only alternates we have listed are members who have been participating in our practices. Hope that helps.

@spazdev3
Wow...only in Arizona! You should move to Texas and join one of the amazing IOC teams here....not even half as much drama as the valley....
You must be from here cheermomma!
wink.png

You must be from here cheermomma! ;)

We moved to Texas from AZ about 2 years ago. My oldest cheered at Arizona Heat for years. I know who the two teams are because I remember all that back story going down. The one thing I don't miss about AZ is how personal this stuff gets. Out here kids move gyms all the time and sometimes move back to the first gym, it's all business (at least at the lower levels).
I think gym B is a great program but when you have Type A personalities in control it can ruin a good thing.

I say to go gym Q. problem solved :)

just trying to lighten the situation... but i get what youre going through. I had some rude things said to me when i decided to switch gyms last year. Cheerleaders are so immature, its really sad.

I had some rude things said to me when i decided to switch gyms last year. Cheerleaders are so immature, its really sad.

I hate things like this. I was horrified when I heard some girls on my own team say some rude things about a girl who switched gyms this year. Why can't we all just be friends?

Well it's all "worked out" now. I'm not competing with any team for the rest of the season. Save the drama for your mama :)

...and people wonder why I left Arizona...

Back