All-Star Crazy Cheer Mom Question....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter did HS in 8th (she was put on the 9th team) and didn't really like it. This upcoming year she'll be in 9th and the HS coach doesn't want kids on the team who go far (we travel from PA to NJ) so she doesn't have the option. She will get involved in our school's community service club and hopefully one other thing. 10th I'll push for a little more. Does anyone know if colleges consider allstar extracurricular or does it need to be HS?

Does anyone know if colleges consider allstar extracurricular or does it need to be HS?
Depends on the college application. Some just have a list for unspecified "extracurriculars" which could be anything( including allstar), while others specifically have a section for "school activities/extracurriculars" and a separate section for outside activities/achievements, etc. I definitely recommend having some school involvement to put down, regardless.

You know maybe having something other than cheer related might be the best bet - especially if she is not 100% on board, it would present a more well rounded student for college (freshman year gotta start thinking that route some) and you never know it could lead a passion that she could continue for a lifetime when her body someday reaches that point where tumbling is just a no go. Like yearbook staff - she might develop a love of photography (I know some schools though this is a class). There are so many choices maybe making a decision that she needs to find on school activity to pursue in addition to all-star cheer and then leave that choice up to you. I did some work with college admission program and they really do like to see some variety, and leaving the choice to her will allow her to find something that she at least has a small spark for...

Back