Crazy Cheer World

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2011
What has happened to allstar cheerleading? Is it just me or do kids complain a lot more, seem less dedicated, and parents are crazier then ever?

What will cheerleading be like if this keeps up?!

I think that just like the general population, there are a percentage that succeed and then the others that.....well..

I do think that there is a problem with dedication and athlete's attitudes and I know it's in all sports, not just cheerleading. It is really hard when you have the cheerleaders that are extremely dedicated on a team with others that only seem to do cheer for who knows what reason. I really hate when they don't ever try to get better until they get replaced in a position.

As for crazy cheer parents, I think every gym has at least a couple that create drama and problems that don't actually exist. I always remind myself that they are the minority and most of the other parents are happy and blissfully unaware of what those few parents say. I am a team mom and I now just answer questions that I know won't end well with a simple "I don't know" answer or ask the coach or owner. They usually never want to ask them.

Back in the day, my daughter used to have to tumble up hill both ways! And when she went up in a stunt, she had to hold HERSELF up!

Ahhh, those were the days.

:D
You owe me a new monitor-it doesn't like coffee coming out of my nose!

You forgot barefoot

I think that the coaches could put in more fun activities but also give the kids a lot of hard work.
The cheer parents could express themselves and opinions but not go to far.
The cheerleaders should be grateful that they even have cheerleading:)

-spoken from a cheerleader herself:)

Back